• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day / 21st Hatchday, Ripley!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
2 years ago I bought this "conure" on Craigslist for $100. Since then he's been an absolute delight in my home and spoiled rotten :) I have no idea what his actual hatchday is, so we're celebrating today :)

Then
FB_IMG_1596979224098~3.jpg

Today IMG_20200809_093500_249.jpg

Conure101

Rollerblading along the road
Happy hatchday Ripley! @Mizzely is he getting any special treats for his day? And I’m pretty sure that he isn’t a Conure :roflmao:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Happy hatchday Ripley! @Mizzely is he getting any special treats for his day? And I’m pretty sure that he isn’t a Conure :roflmao:
I'm going to make him some pumpkin bread that he'll ignore probably :lol: I have to work on orders today but might make a new toy design for him if I get a chance. Otherwise, extra almonds in his foragers :D

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I couldn't place his type! Had to look him up to see he's a Jenday. :)

:heart: He's beautiful, such improvement in 2 years. Look at those feathers! They glow.
He's a Jardine's (Poicephalus family) haha, sorry! They sold him to me as a conure ;)

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What a fine-looking conure! ;) Happy 'hatch/coming home forever' day, Ripley!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Did you know it as soon as you saw him?

He looks wonderful. Congrats to you both.
100% lol. I shared a link to a friend to confirm I wasn't crazy. Then I texted hubby who was out of state for work and guilted him to let me go get him :lol:

Emailed immediately after getting a begrudging "okay", then called when the son who posted the ad told me to call his dad directly. I went and got him at 10am the next day. As soon as he saw me he wolf whistled and eye pinned and I knew I wasn't leaving without him :)

Side note: I first ended up at the wrong house where there was an awkward moment with the guy there , as he had a craigslist meet up with a woman at the same time I arrived :lol: So when he tried to sell me a computer and I asked for the bird, we both had a moment of confusion :rofl:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Also I have pretty bad anxiety about calling strangers and about going to places I've never gone before, so I powered through a lot of emotions to make Ripley mine. I knew he would be worth it!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So worth it! I wanted to LOVE and HAHA at your other post. Craigslist is always ehh at best.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Happy Gotcha day Ripley!!! :starshower1: :yah: Cutest conure there ever was... he must be a Pyrrhura Ripleyinae :yes3:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Also I have pretty bad anxiety about calling strangers and about going to places I've never gone before, so I powered through a lot of emotions to make Ripley mine. I knew he would be worth it!
Sounds like a form of agoraphobia which is a fear of being out and doing things basically. I have managed to work through it over my life but it sure made it hard to do anything and get out with people. As I slowly expanded my comfort zone and nothing happened I kept expanding it and now I'm pretty much OK but you still have your moments. Find a person your friends with and feel safe with to do things and it will help you get out and do more fun stuff. :bluhug:
Ripley looks so happy and well in your care now :xflove:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Sounds like a form of agoraphobia which is a fear of being out and doing things basically. I have managed to work through it over my life but it sure made it hard to do anything and get out with people. As I slowly expanded my comfort zone and nothing happened I kept expanding it and now I'm pretty much OK but you still have your moments. Find a person your friends with and feel safe with to do things and it will help you get out and do more fun stuff. :bluhug:
Ripley looks so happy and well in your care now :xflove:
My husband is my person luckily! He just was in Florida at the time. I don't have a problem with people, but I get wrapped up with things that will go wrong, and when I'm right it reinforces that I have reasons to be worried :rolleyes: I survive :p