• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

hanging play station

birdfloof

Strolling the yard
Since my cockatiel is coming home soon, I would like to make a hanging play station in the living room, whether it be a rope boing, swing, or something like that to give her somewhere else other than my room to hang out in. So I have 2 questions for you all.

1. If you have a hanging setup, what does it look like/what is on it? I may or may not need a little inspiration :roflmao:

2. How would I contain the bird poop since this would be hanging in a room that isn't where she usually stays. Could I make a platform under it, or attach something else to collect it?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'll get a photo when I get home :)

I bought a carpet runner to go under it that can be swept and mopped.

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a coat rack I got years ago, with a swing and a basket hanging from it. I've used it in different places around the room, sometimes attaching a rope perch from it to a cage, sometimes just free in a different room. I just use a potty pad or papers underneath.

I don't have very many pictures of it, but hopefully this gives you a general idea:

PXL_20230303_124304374.jpg

VanSwss

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sara
I have a coat rack I got years ago, with a swing and a basket hanging from it. I've used it in different places around the room, sometimes attaching a rope perch from it to a cage, sometimes just free in a different room. I just use a potty pad or papers underneath.

I don't have very many pictures of it, but hopefully this gives you a general idea:

View attachment 424347
What a great idea!!

birdfloof

Strolling the yard
I have a hook coming off of the ceiling that I could maybe attach something to if i wanted, I also definitely want to build a larger play area once I get her if she hasn't taken up the whole house by then :rofl:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
All of mine are here

VanSwss

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sara
All of mine are here
Your set up is awesome! So many birbs!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I use hanging setups for my guys and some photos are contained in the link below.

Dowels, and stainless steel versions of eye screws, harness rings, and quick-links makes it quite modular and expandable.

... with kraft paper underneath to catch messes (weighted down if you have big wings causing turbulence).