• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Guys, YOU MUST HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Let's remember to be kind and understanding to all members from all walks of life. What might not seem so important to you, may be very important to another. Language and cultures aside, let's remember we are all basically here for the same reason. It's all about the birds, and keeping them happy and healthy.:hug8:

Last edited:

Marc

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marco
Welcome rossoneri;
In Italian language, rossoneri means red and black and they are the colors of a famous Italian football team (Milan);
I'm a fan of the Inter though ;) ...neroazzuri; thus if your nickname had been neoazzurri,it would have been perfect;)
Said that, I would like to tell you...WELCOME in this amazing place; here you will find a lot of kind and available people that are always ready to answer to your questions, regardless the importance of the question you will always receive answers;
In my opinion,what Carole has written above is ALL correct; I would only like to add that is easier to tame one littleone per time rather than all together;
For the rest, I totally am agree with Carole;
the patience and the love are the key to open the hearts of our feathered friends;

Picaroon

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kymi
Let's remember to be kind and understanding to all members from all walks of life. What might not seem so important to you, may be very important to another. Language and cultures aside, let's remember we are all basically here for the same reason. It's all about the birds, and keeping them happy and healthy.:hug8:
I really hope I didn't sound rude in my post. :(
I was honestly just confused about what type of bird he has. I might have sounded a little sharp with the "accidental breeding" comment? Anyhow, I'm glad you were able to provide some great tips, Carole.

rossoneri, your birds are lovely and I hope you are able to get some information from this thread. I apologize if anything I said offended you or seemed a bit harsh. That was definitely not my intention. Good luck with your lovies and I hope you keep us updated!

Marc

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marco
Hi Picaroon, I don't think you have been rude;
Your further post cancels some other doubts about it; thus I believe you have been directed to understand the question but you have not been absolutely rude;
Anyway what Carol has written about different cultures and habits is really great!!
We are here to improve the life of our birds regardless the place WHERE we are living...
GREAT Carole!!! Even if I think, we are enough adult to understand it without that someone remembers it to all us..

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I was just thinking and my sweet husband just pointed out, that maybe you don't have access to the same things we do in the U.S. That certainly does not mean they should be without any form of foraging opportunities and toys though. You can learn how to make simple toys from safe natural things in your area, or even some safe household items. Just things like plastic straws or crinkled up paper or cardboard can be toys. If there is such a thing as pine trees where you live, the pine cones make great foraging toys. You would want to wash them in a safe mild soap, rinse, and maybe even bake them in a very low temperature oven just to kill any creepy crawlers. Then stuff small treats amongst the spines of the pine cone, and let them have at it. We have a toy and do it yourself section with LOTS of great ideas people have shared. Here is one cool idea! http://forums.avianavenue.com/enrichment-foraging-park/11089-foraging-corn-pockets.html

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
One last thought, and then I must go, as I am late this morning to care for my flock!:o: Marco made a good point to say they should be tamed individually, and they may even need to be separated to accomplish this. There is no one science to it though, and the main thing is stay consistent . If you are willing to go the mile, and maintain the patience it takes, the rewards will come with a happy,calm feathered friend.:)

rossoneri

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dr. Ahmed Refat
Thank u so much. This what i call help. i'm in ur debt

Status
Not open for further replies.