• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye my beautiful girl, Target.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am still looking...I haven't unpacked everything oiy.

I like three and four...but they are all beautiful pictures.
Thanks Chandra :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
One of my favorite things I have to remember Gizmo by is a photo book I made on Shutterfly with our story in it :)

I like #3 the best.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@JosienBB

All the photos are lovely and I bet each one tells a story.

I say close your eyes and how do you see her? Pick the picture that closely resembles the expression you see when your eyes are closed. That's your heart talking.
Yes! Pic this picture! Great advice!

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe Target is gone.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I am so very sorry that you lost Target. :sad1: Fly free sweet girl. :hug8:

I like the first and second pictures best. She was such a stunning bird. :heart:

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bad news. The seller finally messaged me back to say that he no longer makes the square urn (which was my first choice), and that he won't be making any of the round one for at least another two months. So I either find something else, or wait an indefinite amount of time for the urn.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Bad news. The seller finally messaged me back to say that he no longer makes the square urn (which was my first choice), and that he won't be making any of the round one for at least another two months. So I either find something else, or wait an indefinite amount of time for the urn.
What was is you liked most about them? Can you try running a Google image search to see if it can come up with anything similar?

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I'm so very very sorry. It hurts so bad because we love them so much. Big hugs to you!

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What was is you liked most about them? Can you try running a Google image search to see if it can come up with anything similar?
I like the little ceramic bird at the top, and the colour, and the crackle glaze, and the beads. I basically like everything about it haha. I've tried searching on Google and they either bring up more pictures from the same seller, or something not even remotely close to what I like.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Do we have any creative folks on the Avenue who might be able to recreate the square one for you? :thinking: Surely we've got some pottery folk. Anyone know who we could tag? I bet they could make it even better. :thumbsup:

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I like the little ceramic bird at the top, and the colour, and the crackle glaze, and the beads. I basically like everything about it haha. I've tried searching on Google and they either bring up more pictures from the same seller, or something not even remotely close to what I like.
So sorry he doesn’t sell the one you want anymore. The urns look to be made through raku, which is a special firing process. (I know this because my mom makes ceramic things and has taken a few classes over it, making things that have had a similar look. ) Raku is more difficult to do as the clay is taken out of the kiln/heating area while still red hot and then things such as horse hair, feathers, etc can be applied, but also the quick cooling creates the cool and unique effects.
I wonder if you could ask for a custom from someone. I could even ask my mom if she could make something like this, however she is far from a professional. (She just makes ceramics as a hobby, and often sells them at art exhibits/shows)
I really hope you can find one you love :sadhug2:

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I am just playing catchup with posts and saw this... I am so sorry for your loss, such a tragic accident.

Hugs and love to you...

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you everyone.

I wonder if you could ask for a custom from someone. I could even ask my mom if she could make something like this, however she is far from a professional. (She just makes ceramics as a hobby, and often sells them at art exhibits/shows)
I really hope you can find one you love :sadhug2:
Yes, please ask your mom for me, I would be so grateful.

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Im just catching up on this, Im very sorry for your loss. I loved seeing pictures of Target.
As for Urns, have you looked at people who make them from wood?
Ive made a couple for friends out of wood on my lathe and they turned out real nice. The square one is nice that you showed and can be
done from wood as well. Was just a thought in case you needed other ideas. Again, Im so sorry to hear of Targets passing.

Smbrds

Real Name
Shawn
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Target. It was a very tragic and sad accident. She will forever fly high and into your heart. Having a urn and a portrait of her will be comforting and a good idea. :sadhug2:

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im just catching up on this, Im very sorry for your loss. I loved seeing pictures of Target.
As for Urns, have you looked at people who make them from wood?
Ive made a couple for friends out of wood on my lathe and they turned out real nice. The square one is nice that you showed and can be
done from wood as well. Was just a thought in case you needed other ideas. Again, Im so sorry to hear of Targets passing.
Problem is I don't know anyone crafty enough who can do it :(

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
How about something like this? I made this today out of a piece of spalted maple. Ive been waiting for a special project to come along to use this wood and thought you might like it.
If not, I understand, a urn is a personal thing.

Img_1826.jpg Img_1828.jpg Img_1827.jpg

Sorry I take lousy pictures, its actually prettier in person.