• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
So pleased with how well Nellie and Kevin are getting along…they are also becoming very tame as spend a lot of time with them I am home every day (totally wild from pet shop when I got them only a few weeks ago for Kev and a week ago for Nellie) sun was finally out today and they spent some time sunning themselves and getting some vitamin D on the patio…the more I get to know Nellie I’m thinking she is a little hen but still not sure….doesn’t matter either way love them both and decided to keep the name Nellie as her/his name as it just suits her! Kev with his blue cere is an obvious boy and is a little older than Nellie…. (Nellie is on the left)

Attachments

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Both boys. I actually like the name Nellie for a boy rather than the girl's name Nelly. No need to change it.
They both look so happy in that sunlight. :heart:

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
Both boys. I actually like the name Nellie for a boy rather than the girl's name Nelly. No need to change it.
They both look so happy in that sunlight. :heart:
I agree Nellie works for both male or female :)

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
Thank you @Ripshod @Lady Jane @Lori D Pert @Sparkles99 and everyone else for input….looks like Nellie is a Male…I too think the cere looks male but her/his personality so different from Kevin….in saying that maybe Kevin is an English Budgie? I think they tend to be more placid? He has a numbered band on his leg (Nellie doesn’t) and I know that breeders (lots of show breeders in my area) of them in my area off load ones that colours are not good enough for showing…even tho I think Kev’s colours are perfect! And the name is staying! Thanks to all who said it should….. Nellie just suits the little guy!

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
I'm leaning towards male here as I see that cere as pink in the photos. If it is more of a lavender then I'll have to ask for another close up photo...lol.
these are probably the most close up ones I have so far……I see lavender more when I am with her…photos can be hard to show the true light…. Nellie loves preening/grooming Kev haha

Attachments

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
in saying that maybe Kevin is an English Budgie? I think they tend to be more placid? He has a numbered band on his leg (Nellie doesn’t) and I know that breeders (lots of show breeders in my area) of them in my area off load ones that colours are not good enough for showing…even tho I think Kev’s colours are perfect!
I think they’re both English, and you’re certainly right his colours are perfect!

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
Yes Nellie is a little boy. Sure seems like they are going to be great friends!
Ok great thank you!! Oh yes they are great friends I am so pleased! But at the same time they are still allowing me to tame / train them which is always harder with two so couldn’t be more pleased with them!

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
I think they’re both English, and you’re certainly right his colours are perfect!
Oh ok I thought it might have just been Kev that was English! Oh yes I think the colours are perfect but apparently when you show them they are extremely picky!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Oh ok I thought it might have just been Kev that was English! Oh yes I think the colours are perfect but apparently when you show them they are extremely picky!
Nellie's size and face fluff makes me think English, or at least part English.

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
Nellie's size and face fluff makes me think English, or at least part English.
Oh ok …. See I think Kev is more like that…. When they are just sitting not normal with out being fluffed you when preening etc Kev still looks fluffy but Nellie looks a lot smoother and she is much smaller than Kev (but she’s younger too) or he I should start saying!!!