• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

fred's poop has changed to more watery and more often?!

Mygcgbaby

Meeting neighbors
he is eating more fruits a day, so i am assuming that is why. yet this am while giving him his breakfast, he pooped one big one normal, as soon as he perched, then 4 more times much smaller, while eating, and ones more right before he went back into his cage, the last one though was clear!...not sure if I should worry, call a our vet or just lay off the fruit n see how he does after that?

Mygcgbaby

Meeting neighbors
other than all the poop change he is acting his silly self! still playing and making all kinda noises , still active.

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
what fruits has he been eating. Fruit can definitely cause wet poops. Try switching some of the fruit wit veggies. Less sugar that way too.

Mygcgbaby

Meeting neighbors
what fruits has he been eating. Fruit can definitely cause wet poops. Try switching some of the fruit wit veggies. Less sugar that way too.
grapes, and strawberries .. he really likes and eats the strawberries more but as of this am, he really focused on the grapes and left the strawberries sit!

I have green bean zucchini broccoli and collard greens but all of that lately he just throws to the floor, I will continue to offer the veggies, and cut out the fruit today and see how his poop is thank you so much for the reply! kinda on edge today over his poop, this helped a great deal :)

Last edited:

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Grapes will definitely cause loose poops. They're basically just sugar and water. I only give one very rarely now as a treat. It seems to go right through them!

Mygcgbaby

Meeting neighbors
Grapes will definitely cause loose poops. They're basically just sugar and water. I only give one very rarely now as a treat. It seems to go right through them!
WOW!!B THANKS i HAD NO idea!! THE PET STORE REALLY EMPHASIZED the grapes too! so glad you pointed that out to be, I will only use that as a treat only food from now on thanks again!

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Sounds pretty normal really. The first one of the morning is big since they tend to hold it all night. The smaller more watery ones while he was eating fruit is perfectly normal. There's nothing wrong with giving him lots of fruit or other watery foods, as long as you focus on more nutritious ones. Grapes are a good treat, but don't have much nutritional value. Dark colored fruits and veggies are healthier (just be very careful feeding very dark fruits like blueberries that can stain... ). Since he likes sweet things, also try sweeter veggies like carrots, sweet potato, red peppers (seeds and all), or winter squash. Those seem to go over better than the greens most of the time.

Mygcgbaby

Meeting neighbors
Sounds pretty normal really. The first one of the morning is big since they tend to hold it all night. The smaller more watery ones while he was eating fruit is perfectly normal. There's nothing wrong with giving him lots of fruit or other watery foods, as long as you focus on more nutritious ones. Grapes are a good treat, but don't have much nutritional value. Dark colored fruits and veggies are healthier (just be very careful feeding very dark fruits like blueberries that can stain... ). Since he likes sweet things, also try sweeter veggies like carrots, sweet potato, red peppers (seeds and all), or winter squash. Those seem to go over better than the greens most of the time.
Thanks for the reply! I had no idea they could eat so many different things! I will definitely switch up his menu :)