• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found a injured amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanant

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carrie
Well it could have had a good life but one never knows. I just pray it is a good home. I am going to call Nancy in the morning to let her know this lady is coming tomorrow because she doesn't know yet. So I'll be sure and tell her to check her out thoroughly which I know she will. Thank you all so much for the sweet comments. I felt like Nancy could take better care of the bird thinking it was injured then I could have. I have a baby macaw at the moment that takes a lot of my time during the day and I just thought this bird needed more one on one time then I could give right now. God Bless you all! I love this chat board!

The Platinum Parrot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa Bono
thanks for the update. I hope all ends well. OW's are such wonderful birds.

Cupcake

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
~Ann~
Oh my - two years?!?!?! :( Poor thing.

Well bless your heart for taking the time to get it seen and show it some love for a few hours.:hug8:

Thanks for the update!

~Ann~

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
How awesome of you to do this for this poor little Zon. I hope he doesn't go back to where he got lost from since his caretaker didn't feel that a broken wing was anything to seek medical treatment for!

vanant

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carrie
I don't feel good with the lady's story at all!!! Apparently her family was outside with the bird enjoying the weather when they all went back in the house and completely forgot about the bird. So it wandered off. Now yes this can happen to anyone I suppose but we have hawks infested over here and second if my bird was lost I would be posting like crazy on my lost bird which she didn't. The only reason she found out it was found is because her friend called her and said "hey I just saw on craigslist a post about a bird that was in your area." If that were me I would be looking on craigslist to see if it had been found by someone. It just doesn't sound right at all to me so I called Nancy this morning and she said se will use her best judgment and call me with the outcome.

deee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
We live in small town USA but we have hawks here too... I wont even leave our toy poodle out on a leash.. let alone a parrot. Im sure the lady will use her best judgment as a professional and that it will all work out. When Im scared or worried I just have to make a judgement call and know it was the right thing.. other wise it will drive me crazy. We will all hope for the best outcome for your little friend.

Feathers&Fins

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Karen
Hello. Please excuse me if it was already mentioned but was the bird checked for a microchip? All of our animals are chipped and many veterinary offices now have the scanners to read them.

How is the little guy? Did the person claiming it provide a photograph?

Status
Not open for further replies.