• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found a injured amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanant

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carrie
My neighbors friend found an injured yellow headed amazon last night and called me since I know about birds and could help. Thank goodness I have an extra cage since we just upgraded Sophie's cage. Guess that was fate? It's wing and leg are injured so I have it covered so it can sleep and called a avian vet. (We only have one in town). She is in surgery right now. Boy I just hope no one just let it go but I can't help but wonder. It has NO band and there are NO ads for a lost bird anywhere. Is there a rescue group that could help me pay for the injuries?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Take it to an emergency vet ASAP! It must be someone's beloved companion gotten loose. Contact parrot 911 for any news on missing parrots.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
thank god you fo und him..

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Thank goodness you found her instead of someone else that might possibly not know about parrots!! Keep us posted on how she's doing!

twokidzmom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sally
I'm so glad he was found and given to somebody who knows about birds. Let us know what you find out at the vet.

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I imagine the owner, if he wants to be found, will reimburse you. If he doesn't then you have a free bird. If you can't keep him, I'm sure there are parrot rescues out there. Thanks for your good deed!!

vanant

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carrie
Mercedez I am taking the bird in to get checked out. $52.00 just for the exam. I just uncovered its cage and found its PERCHING!!!!!! WOOHOO...last night it couldn't. I will keep you all updated. Well I could take a picture and upload it. It is a sweet bird and looks fairly young. So give me your opinion too. I'll show the injured wing too. Thanks guys. The vet is also looking to see if someone lost their bird too.

vanant

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carrie
As you can see its holding its leg on the bars in order to perch and the wing is damaged. Poor thing!!! Gotta get ready to take it in guys. Thank you all for the sweet comments. I just pray the owner just didn't let it go. But if they did then its got a good home now. But I will keep trying to find the owner. I would be devastated if that happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CosmoKramer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zach
Thank you for taking that poor baby in! It looks like an Orange Winged Amazon to me, not sure on age.
I wonder what happened to it, almost looks like something attacked its right side

Cupcake

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
~Ann~
Oh what a sweet baby - thank you so much for taking him/her in!!! :hug8:Keep us posted!

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
It does look young, so glad your friend contacted you.

Can't wait to hear your updates on this little beauty.

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
:omg: POOOOOOR baby!!!! God Bless you for helping that sweetheart!!! U have a heart of gold!!!!!

vanant

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carrie
Awww...I have tears in my eyes reading all the moments. Getting ready to take it to the vet. Appointment at 1:00pm. Keep fingers crossed its nothing major! A few prayers would help too on this little guy.

vanant

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carrie
Hey Cupcake..you have your baby yet? We are sure enjoying ours!! You are in for a treat!;)

Cupcake

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
~Ann~
Hi Carrie

According to the breeder, ours is taking his/her sweet time to wean ;) We're hoping to be on track for late June - but he said he isn't going to rush it. I'm so glad you're loving yours! I just can't wait.

And thanks again for saving the 'zon. They're my mostest favorite birdies!!!! :hug8:

~Ann~

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Thank you for rescuing that poor baby :hug8:

vanant

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carrie
Cupcake the breeder took its time with ours too. But its well worth the wait!! I'm so happy for you.

Ok can anyone tell me what kind of Amazon it is.? I didn't show it in the picture but the tip of the wings has red and blue also.

The Platinum Parrot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa Bono
Cupcake the breeder took its time with ours too. But its well worth the wait!! I'm so happy for you.

Ok can anyone tell me what kind of Amazon it is.? I didn't show it in the picture but the tip of the wings has red and blue also.
Orange Wing.My favorite of the Amazons

Status
Not open for further replies.