• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging Toy Thread for Small Beaks

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Happy Foraging Friday!

This toy for small to medium sized birds I've found through both Bonka Bird Toys and Sweet Feet and Beak bird toys. Both companies call it the Foraging Feeder. It measures approximately 7.62 cm (3") tall by 7.62 cm (3") wide and has a 7.62 cm (3") diameter. They use bullet proof plastic which they call, "bird proof". The Foraging Feeder comes in green, blue, and pink.

I first used this toy with Bowie. I lifted up the lid to show him how it works while his head was still in the foraging tray. As a result his head was put between the lid and the feeder and he was very angry about this. So now whenever I use it I keep the lid somewhat suspended by a pipe cleaner (shown in one of the photos below) just to keep it safe for my little one's heads. I also used to put a foraging substrate at the bottom to prop up the treats for my smaller birds, but I've found with the budgie boys I haven't needed to do this. A nice feature is the three compartments for three different kinds of treats, something Sulley always enjoyed.

I tried to get video evidence of Sprite and Wisp (the budgie boys) using the Foraging Feeder, but they are so stealthy! But I can hear them using it when I am in a room close by. So I've added a challenge for them, by putting 2mm vine balls inside.

View attachment 416832 View attachment 416833 View attachment 416834 View attachment 416835
Avian Avenue vendors Things for Wings and Be More Bird Toys sells this toy if you are interested in it.