• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

foghorn my scarlet macaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
foghorn is getting ready for his road trip to come live with me im so excited i cant wait til the big piggy boy gets here hes such a sweet heart he is 10 years old and the guy im getting him from had put this bird in his will to me if anything happen to him and he has desided to just bring him to me rather then wait til something happens to him hes 60 years old and has alot of health probs so he wanted to bring him to me while he was able and could travel so from sunny florida foghorn is going to come live with me in west virgina for the remander of his days hes a really sweet boy and very well behaved he was hatched and raised by my friend so foghorn never met his mom an dad and he was well trained he thinks he is human hes such a big hambone

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
awww!! I love those bright colors!

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
thanks i just cant wait for him to get here

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Awe what a beauty !!

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
thanks hes a true keeper for sure

Nailrep

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Cindy
Awwww!! How nice of you - what a great friend you are!! Good luck with him!!:hug8:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
He's gorgeous!

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
thanks ive ben wanting to get a macaw for so long but i stoped my self becouse i knew one day id have him and so i waited and now i get him very soon

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Looks like they have him well acquainted with that travel carrier already! Will they be bringing a macaw cage for him or have you started shopping for his new home? It's always fun planning for a new bird!

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
He's beautiful and I love his name!

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
we have a corner cage just for him i bought it awhile back and its ben sitting empty for along while now but ive now added a bunch of toys to it so when he gets here hes going to have lots to do plus it has a play stand on the cage so he is going to be a buisy buisy boy in his new home as soon as i get him i will take more pics and of his cage and stuff

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
he will be here the 18th this month hes allready spoiled rotten he got his name becouse when he was a baby he sounded like the boats foghorn i had thought it was after foghorn leghorn but it wasnt lol

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Aww!!

Do you have a cage all ready for him? What kind of diet is he on? Aren't ya excited!:cool1:

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Aww!!

Do you have a cage all ready for him? What kind of diet is he on? Aren't ya excited!:cool1:

yeah i have a cage ready and set up for him its a larger corner cage think its a preveiw cage and he is on a seed diet that i know of he is bringin big bag of food for him and his toys i will find out everything he likes to eat and so on when he gets here he is bringin me a huge list of things he likes and dislikes hes kinda given me all the does and donts with this guy i know he hates groves and towels and will not think twice to bite very hard if you have groves on

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Sad he has to leave his old owner, but he is going to his forever home and that is good. Bet his old owner is relieved that it is all sorted for him.
I just think they are gentle giants if treated properly and I know you are going to have a wonderful journey through life together. God bless.:hug8:

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Sad he has to leave his old owner, but he is going to his forever home and that is good. Bet his old owner is relieved that it is all sorted for him.
I just think they are gentle giants if treated properly and I know you are going to have a wonderful journey through life together. God bless.:hug8:

thank you yeah i think its going to be a wonderful journey to and this being my first macaw we have ben doing lots of homework i allways say if your going to have an animal do it the right way and do the home work so i ben doing alot of it and my friend is going to be teaching me all his commands and things he knows so that helps alot and my friend will allways get lots of pictures and hear him over the phone so i think all is going to turn out and go very well

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Congratulations, he is a handsome looking fellow for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.