• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First ever conure!

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Jade is a wonderful name :heart:

Maybe Jasmine?

Mrprocrast

Meeting neighbors
So I'm not sure if I should ask it here but I don't want to spam this thread with every question I get. But I have noticed that my conure spends a lot of time at her feeder. Is this common? Like she actually spends the majority of her time eating. There definitely are a bunch of toys and chewable materials in her cage to destroy, yet she spends a lot of time eating. I don't give her too much either, just the amount that's mentioned on the package of the pellets I give (4 teaspoons of pellets, 1.5 teaspoon of a seed mix). And with that comes my next question, I guess it is normal for her to pick out the seeds first before starting to eat the pellets, right? Could anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
So I'm not sure if I should ask it here but I don't want to spam this thread with every question I get. But I have noticed that my conure spends a lot of time at her feeder. Is this common? Like she actually spends the majority of her time eating. There definitely are a bunch of toys and chewable materials in her cage to destroy, yet she spends a lot of time eating. I don't give her too much either, just the amount that's mentioned on the package of the pellets I give (4 teaspoons of pellets, 1.5 teaspoon of a seed mix). And with that comes my next question, I guess it is normal for her to pick out the seeds first before starting to eat the pellets, right? Could anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance!
All four of my lovebirds will go seeds over there pellets any day of week but with them I only offer seeds outside of cage or as treats in forgoring toys etc
Olive conure I am looking after seems to be at her dish a lot but then I would say eats less frequently than my lovebirds olive doesn’t seem to touch pellets at min I am trying her with only that in her bowl for a few hours in afternoon then adding seeds evening time

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
she is still developing. My GCC seems to eat more than my quakers!
I personally don't limit food at all. But they come out in morning and chow on veggies. Pellet dishes are available out of cage and in cage. But seeds are only available in cage . So they get those in afternoon after afternoon veggies. And during mid day cage rest time of an hour or so.
Im pretty happy with how they eat everything. I can hand them pellets , veg, or seeds as a treat and they est all like its a treat if I hand to them. . Maybe just condition to all the good birdie praise

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!