• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fighting birdies

Luka

Moving in
Real Name
Luka
Two of my cockatiels Kiwi and Eli, Kiwi is 1.5 years old and Eli is 1.3 years old, they bond alot but most of the time they just fight, either about the food, place to sleep and any kind of place! I dont know what to do, i want to seperate them but one of my cages are smaller than the other. What do i do!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I would separate them. You can allow the same out of cage time to fly in the room together while you monitor.
Having multiple roosts and food bowls could help, but separating is the obvious solution to ensure no-one gets hurt.

Luka

Moving in
Real Name
Luka
I would separate them. You can allow the same out of cage time to fly in the room together while you monitor.
Having multiple roosts and food bowls could help, but separating is the obvious solution to ensure no-one gets hurt.
I can try

Gladriele

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Genevieve
When you say fight little squabbles or serious?? My two boys crack a nibble at each other over food and a place to sleep most days. then 10 mins later they are love preening.

They scream if I separate them ever. Big difference between a squabble and an actual fight.

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
My budgies argue over perches and food. I provide two of everything. There are still squabbles at bed time. It is normal. When you say fighting do you mean feathers flying and specks of blood?