• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female?

tselby

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Traci
We rescued this beauty and thought it was perhaps a boy. He was neglected and not hand tamed. He’s approximately 1 1/2 years old. We worked with him and he’s completely tamed now. In the last week “he” has been doing this to my teenager. Do we have a girl who’s wanting to mate? Lol.

Attachments

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh wow, definitely wanting some action! I would certainly stop this, if she does it again tell your teenager to put her down straight away, it will make her hormonal.

Does she kind of softly chirp when she does it? Mating displays: females lower their body and softly chirp, males usually heart wing, strut and sing.

If she's making any kind of humping movements than it's definitely a no no! I'm thinking female.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. She's a cutie. And yes, definitely discourage her from trying to mate with your son. LOL. i believe you have a pearl pied tiel. Although pearl pied males can retain the pearl markings for awhile, those look pretty distinct to me. So I'm going to say, yes, female.

@Monica ?

tselby

Real Name
Traci
Thank you all! I figured it had to be something to do with mating :) We just got him her about a month ago. Now that we know what she's doing, we can make adjustments. I'm still cracking up about it though. When my son told me that Stewie was putting his butt in my sons face, I pictured the tail feathers, not the actual behind! LOL got this picture and have been laughing since.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Yup! A pearl pied hen from where I'm sitting! :D

tselby

Real Name
Traci
Aw, she's a cutie pie. Guessing it was a bit disconcerting for your kiddo. :sneaky: Look at her eyes....she's smitten. Poor little birdy. Well, now you know you can deal. I shouldn't laugh at her, but that pic...oh my! :embarassed:
I can't stop laughing!!!! it's hilarious!