• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feathered Estates December 2020 - JLcribber

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Congratulations John!!! WEll deserved! I enjoy everything you write... and especially enjoy seeing your awesome builds for birds! I can only imagine .. when you get in trouble... you're no fun to stick in the "bird" house.... because it's where you love to be!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Congratulations John!!! WEll deserved! I enjoy everything you write... and especially enjoy seeing your awesome builds for birds! I can only imagine .. when you get in trouble... you're no fun to stick in the "bird" house.... because it's where you love to be!
Tis my sanctuary. :D

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm surprised John doesn't get this spotlight every month :laugh:

This is just the raddest setup; I've been obsessed since the first time I saw it. I regularly wish I had my own house just so I could create a space half as fun and engaging as this!

fashionfobie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Wonderful set up! Can never get enough space! I love the idea of a geodome. Buckminster Fuller is a crush of mine.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Way to go, John! Love your set up. If you really want to interact with your flock personally, you have to live with the birds.

FiatLux

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Isabelle
Amazing! The Kraft paper roll idea: is the white thing on the side the cutter? I looked at getting a holder but was worried about the cutter blade. Maybe yours has the cutter separate from the roll holder?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Amazing! The Kraft paper roll idea: is the white thing on the side the cutter? I looked at getting a holder but was worried about the cutter blade. Maybe yours has the cutter separate from the roll holder?
The cutter is just a straight edge piece of steel on top of the roll. It's not really a "blade". The white thing is a cool mist humidifier.

FiatLux

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Isabelle
Aha. Worry about cutter blade dissipates! Thank you. I also got a cool mist humidifier so am reassured to see you have one : )

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I was sick with covid when this was posted- just now seeing it. Congratulations John, it’s good to read about your setup and awesome to see multiple pictures of it