• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eyelids!

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Before starting, we really need a new subforum for avian physiology...

So was just sitting with Lada and learned something completely new. I feel like maybe I knew this about birds at one point in my life long ago, but still, I was SHOCKED by this when I saw it! Lada has a semi transparent additional eyelid. Incredible! Have yet more reading to do on avian physiology! Very cool! I should probably be more specific and mention that Lada is an Eclectus as it is even more incredible (but understandable) how varied parrot eyes are even between species. Learning more every day!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Before starting, we really need a new subforum for avian physiology...
Hahaha. You'd be the only one posting there! We could call it Atomiklan's Place.

So was just sitting with Lada and learned something completely new. I feel like maybe I knew this about birds at one point in my life long ago, but still, I was SHOCKED by this when I saw it! Lada has a semi transparent additional eyelid. Incredible! Have yet more reading to do on avian physiology! Very cool! I should probably be more specific and mention that Lada is an Eclectus as it is even more incredible (but understandable) how varied parrot eyes are even between species. Learning more every day!
I think this sort of discovery is why many of us are so fascinated by birds. Dogs, cats, we pretty much know or can read about. Birds, they're like little mystery packages that we unwrap layer by layer.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Hahaha. You'd be the only one posting there! We could call it Atomiklan's Place.
I doubt that very much :)

I find it hard to believe I am the only person here interested or astonished by the differences present in birds. There must be others out there with questions specific to physiology and these questions currently have no obvious home. This category is far too fruitful to ignore. I am being very serious and think the admins should at least consider it. I think a lot of people would benefit from it.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes there are, and also a lot here who have knowledge to share. :)

I was teasing you.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Birds are so amazing:heart: I find avian fysiology very interesting, I still have sooo much to learn:rolleyes:
I like Reading your posts, it makes me pay attention to things I have become used to:)
Ducks have that as well:
image.jpeg
You can see it a bit here, though I don't know if the fysiology is the same of course, I Will look into that, it is quite interesting:Dv