• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ever notice how it’s the smaller birds that are more evil

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
I have a sun conure who does bite but it’s never as intense as my gcc??? It literally latches onto my body and bites

imagine if a macaw or something had this same behaviour it would be unacceptable Igs only tolerable because Gccs are mini

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Haha :laughing6: Mines my female lovebird and I know she’s got a tiny beak but she just so feisty

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I can safely say Sherbie (PFLB) wounded me wayyyyyy more than Rupert ever has. She did the bite and grind and knew exactly where to inflict the worst pain. Rupert can leave bruises and sometimes breaks the skin, but those are pretty infrequent. In fact, the last time he got me real bad, it was an accident- there was a lot of power outages happening back to back, and he was scared and I was trying to get him to safety.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I can safely say Sherbie (PFLB) wounded me wayyyyyy more than Rupert ever has. She did the bite and grind and knew exactly where to inflict the worst pain. Rupert can leave bruises and sometimes breaks the skin, but those are pretty infrequent. In fact, the last time he got me real bad, it was an accident- there was a lot of power outages happening back to back, and he was scared and I was trying to get him to safety.
Same indie hurts so much more than Remi because she actually wants to hurt me

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I've post about my two budgies who are secretly a mob boss and an enforcer in tiny bird bodies - they're absolute bullies!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I very much agree that needle tip beak hurts! And they are definitely very quick to use it to keep us inline. But they do warn , and you want them to know you pay attention before a bite is needed.

My GCC will offer to bite me nearly every day , but I don't get bitten because I pay attention to her quick shifts . Often just a pause in interacting is enough for her to sort it out and settle.

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
We're convinced Mr. Wisp (budgie) is whittling a perch into a shiv so he can kill us.

Shiv.JPG

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have a sun conure who does bite but it’s never as intense as my gcc??? It literally latches onto my body and bites

imagine if a macaw or something had this same behaviour it would be unacceptable Igs only tolerable because Gccs are mini
Lol Do you really want to imagine if a macaw did the same thing? There are some threads on here sharing what it is like when a macaw amazon or cockatoo decides it wants to spill human blood- it is never fun being bitten.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
My gcc bit even when he was happy with me. I think he was so hyper that he just had to scream or bite. Such a little noodle.
i have been lucky enough to have two very sweet female lovebirds. They loved to be pet and were just so adorable, like little Easter eggs.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Same indie hurts so much more than Remi because she actually wants to hurt me
I don't mean to laugh but you make her sound evil. She is a total sweetheart. You need to be nicer to her and give her what she wants to prevent future puncture marks. :lol:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
My late Parrotlet, Streak da Beak didn't get that nickname for nothing. He was worse than Cheddar at first but did settle down after a while, I was ready to take him back to the breeder as he fly to me just to draw blood. I was on a message board long LONG ago when to topic of which of your birds gave you the worse bite. One on the ladies was a nurse and said her P'let, everyone posted back how can that be, you have a Amazon, Quaker and CAG. She posted back that she'd just got home from a long hard shift and took a shower and was wearing a robe when her P'let climbed down in her robe. She said she was relaxing and Peewee chomped on the first thing that stood out, no bra, she said they likey heard scream back at the hospital, 15 miles away. So it not always how big the bird is, sometimes it what they bite.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I don't mean to laugh but you make her sound evil. She is a total sweetheart. You need to be nicer to her and give her what she wants to prevent future puncture marks. :lol:
I personally think you should come and meet her you would change your mind haha :rofl: