• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

English budgie

LealGabby9

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gabby
I did not know how to tell lol is there a big size difference than a regular American baby budgie?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
English budgies are a lot bigger, almost twice the weight. Looks like a little cutie too. 4-5 weeks, definitely an English.
@EnglishBudgMom is the only English parront I can think of

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@EnglishBudgMom is the only English parront I can think of
This alert won´t have been sent to @EnglishBudgMom because you posted before you tagged. They should receive this alert from me and see your post :)

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Mine are probably only part English, but they're noticeably larger than a regular pet store budgie.

Here's a photo from Google to show the size difference:
Screenshot_20200705-064631.jpg

Kiwi and Blizzard are the size of English budgies, but lack the huge amounts of floof, here's a photo of them:
20200616_102522.jpg

Mantis64

Mine are probably only part English, but they're noticeably larger than a regular pet store budgie.

View attachment 344803

Kiwi and Blizzard are the size of English budgies, but lack the huge amounts of floof, here's a photo of them:
View attachment 344804
Woah never knew there was that much of a difference are the personality the same or are English budgies more chilled.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Woah never knew there was that much of a difference are the personality the same or are English budgies more chilled.
English budgies are calmer and less flighty than regular budgies, but they're often more prone to health problems bacuse they're often bred for their large size and not for health.

Mantis64

English budgies are calmer and less flighty than regular budgies, but they're often more prone to health problems bacuse they're often bred for their large size and not for health.
They look so cute especially the shape of thier heads.

Mantis64

I'm starting university this and do really want some other birds in the bird room so my bird feels like he has a flock when I'm not there although hes very independent.

LealGabby9

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gabby

View attachment 344803

View attachment 344804
When do they start getting all poofy on the head? What age

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
When do they start getting all poofy on the head? What age
After their first molt (3 months), the real floofiness begins, but pure English budgies like the one you're getting, are already noticeably more puffy than a regular budgie.

Your budgie is gorgeous! Will you post more photos once you bring him/her home?

LealGabby9

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gabby
Do you think the one I’m getting looks floofy already? I ask because I’m not familiar with budgies this little and how they look I hope she’s extra poofy though!! The breeder told me she’s full breed English budgie so I’m hoping so! And thank you!! Yes I will definitely post pictures!