• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ember my Black Lory

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
here she is at 5 Months of age..she is now 195 Grams, still flight training and learning other tricks. her poops have slowed down a bit..not as bad as when we first got her. she is still eating dry food in the cage and fruits/nuts and some veggies outside of cage. when its warm, she gets as much sun as possible, and she seems to be doing very well.

Some of the things that has have happened was her trying to get aggressive with Manolo, our DYHA...she saw him as a threat, and I was able to grab her before he decided to defend himself. She literally has no fear, so this is something to look out for with these Lorys. she is very friendly with the Humans, but she is definitely over protective. Something I need to try and train on, as I want her to be friendly as possible so if she goes into daycare, she will be more tolerable.

She also broke 2 tail feathers, at this age they are pretty clumsy so this can happen from time to time.

She also likes to sleep upside down at times, or on the floor of cage, something to expect with Lorys...especially if you do not have a bed for them to climb into. Personally I do not want to make a hideout, as it could encourage her to lay eggs. but I make sure it's nice and clean where she wants to sleep. Normally with parrots if they sleep at the bottom of the cage, its a sign of sickness, with Lorys, they are different, you will find them sleeping in odd locations and odd positions, its like an alcoholic that came home late and didn't bother hitting the bedroom lol

She still loves to play a TON! she will dance (added a video of her playing around in the kitchen) play with toy cars, dolls, whatever it is that she wants to do in terms of playing, she's on it lol

She is growing into her own, and definitely flourishing. She also had her first molt, found a bunch of small feathers at the bottom of the cage, and her new ones are growing in nicely. in the photos you can see some new pin feathers on the side of her face..and around her neck. So it took her about 5 months to ave her first molt.

Here is a short video of her playing and some updated photos:

She's just so stunning! I can't get enough of her.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
She is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
I loved all her videos and pics, and can't wait to see more of her. :)

jessem101

Meeting neighbors
Thank you, she's absolutely the baby in the family lol she's definitely hilarious

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
She is super gorgeous

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such a beautiful girl! I just love the many colors within the stunning black feathers and the patterns the feathers make around her neck...just breathtaking!

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's so gorgeous! I just love how her black feathers shimmer in all different colors. :heart:

jessem101

Meeting neighbors
Thank you! she's definitely adorable (she's always seeking attention)..and a handful! LOL and she's quite the talker with her raspy voice lol

jessem101

Meeting neighbors
Well, it's March, here is Ember again at 6 months of age! she's still around 200 grams, however just had her first molt, so she currently has a lot of pin feathers. Spring is also near, so she's been getting a lot more sun. Still giving her fruits and veggies and dry food. She hasn't had any issues. she's halfway to 1 years of age

Her training been great, but she can be stubborn, but she flies on command with a simple whistle now. She still hops around the house, mimics the dog squeaky toy and loves to whistle. When she mimics words, sounds satanic with a very deep voice lol She's definitely coming into her own and she's always the topic of discussion when we get guests at the house.

She also has zero issues traveling and loves seeing the groomer.

Here are some photos of her today, she doesn't look much different from last month, just a bit more stockier.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, it's March, here is Ember again at 6 months of age! she's still around 200 grams, however just had her first molt, so she currently has a lot of pin feathers. Spring is also near, so she's been getting a lot more sun. Still giving her fruits and veggies and dry food. She hasn't had any issues. she's halfway to 1 years of age

Her training been great, but she can be stubborn, but she flies on command with a simple whistle now. She still hops around the house, mimics the dog squeaky toy and loves to whistle. When she mimics words, sounds satanic with a very deep voice lol She's definitely coming into her own and she's always the topic of discussion when we get guests at the house.

She also has zero issues traveling and loves seeing the groomer.

Here are some photos of her today, she doesn't look much different from last month, just a bit more stockier.

Beautiful girlie. I always adore it when you update with new pics :heart:

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Beautiful pics. She is so stunning!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Thank you for posting an update :)

jessem101

Meeting neighbors
It's April, and the weather is gorgeous and Ember is loving every bit of it! she loves to hang out in our flowering plum trees and she has grown since March. She is now 210 grams, she is still losing tail feathers, she still a bit uncoordinated and clumsy, but she's learning. When she's in her outdoor cage, she is eating fruits and wet food, and when she's indoors she does dry food. She's still very playfull, very talkative, she's mumbling stuff already so im sure it will clear up as time comes. she loves to give kisses and she likes whistling. here are some pics of her playing outside:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's April, and the weather is gorgeous and Ember is loving every bit of it! she loves to hang out in our flowering plum trees and she has grown since March. She is now 210 grams, she is still losing tail feathers, she still a bit uncoordinated and clumsy, but she's learning. When she's in her outdoor cage, she is eating fruits and wet food, and when she's indoors she does dry food. She's still very playfull, very talkative, she's mumbling stuff already so im sure it will clear up as time comes. she loves to give kisses and she likes whistling. here are some pics of her playing outside:

She's absolutely gorgeous! I just can't get enough of her.