• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dose anyone know how to clean efisiantly when the birds are molting?

Me&Budgies

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Sophia
Don’t know if this belongs in behaviour I way because I’m new and Tony know fully my eau around just yet so if this post is in the wrong place please let me know so I can fix it :)

so my birdies are molting right nowand I have dust mite alargies so I want to find a good way to efficiently clean up after them so dose anyone know any effective cleaning up strategies?

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Definitely a case of “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”...daily maintenance may sound like a lot; but becomes routine, and is sooooooo much easier than tackling what it could quickly escalate to if done sporadically or even intermittently:scared3::mop:

Toy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Don’t know if this belongs in behaviour I way because I’m new and Tony know fully my eau around just yet so if this post is in the wrong place please let me know so I can fix it :)

so my birdies are molting right nowand I have dust mite alargies so I want to find a good way to efficiently clean up after them so dose anyone know any effective cleaning up strategies?
I'd suggest you mist the cage with water & wipe it down. That would prevent anything from going airborne. Wear a mask too. If you do this daily it shouldn't take long & will prevent you from having any major allergy attacks.