• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dose anyone know how to clean efisiantly when the birds are molting?

ASmallBirb

Meeting neighbors
Don’t know if this belongs in behaviour I way because I’m new and Tony know fully my eau around just yet so if this post is in the wrong place please let me know so I can fix it :)

so my birdies are molting right nowand I have dust mite alargies so I want to find a good way to efficiently clean up after them so dose anyone know any effective cleaning up strategies?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I just vac daily, clean cage papers daily and wet wipe all surfaces regularly. Regular cleaning and air purifiers are how most of us keep dust to a minimum.

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Definitely a case of “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”...daily maintenance may sound like a lot; but becomes routine, and is sooooooo much easier than tackling what it could quickly escalate to if done sporadically or even intermittently:scared3::mop:

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don’t know if this belongs in behaviour I way because I’m new and Tony know fully my eau around just yet so if this post is in the wrong place please let me know so I can fix it :)

so my birdies are molting right nowand I have dust mite alargies so I want to find a good way to efficiently clean up after them so dose anyone know any effective cleaning up strategies?
I'd suggest you mist the cage with water & wipe it down. That would prevent anything from going airborne. Wear a mask too. If you do this daily it shouldn't take long & will prevent you from having any major allergy attacks.