• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Donating Supplies

cassiophys

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christiana
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, I'm still getting the lay of the land. :ashamed3:

My baby tiel passed away on Thursday and another 44 oz bag of her pellets is coming in soon. I don't want it to go to waste. If anyone knows a rescue, sanctuary, or home (preferably in Southwest Florida, but I'm willing to ship it) that takes Roudybush Daily Maintenance Crumble, I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

I also have about 22oz of untouched pellets. I doubt anyone takes opened bags of pellets, but she never got to the container (or had any direct contact with anything that did) and it was always stored separately and safely in our pantry. If these could be donated, I'd appreciate some suggestions. Otherwise, could I feed them to our wild birds? I think Rhodie would be happy knowing that the food she never got to eat is making other birds happy. :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don't want it to go to waste. If anyone knows a rescue, sanctuary, or home (preferably in Southwest Florida, but I'm willing to ship it) that takes Roudybush Daily Maintenance Crumble, I'd really appreciate some suggestions.
That is a very kind offer.
I´m very sorry for your loss.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
After my budgie died, I contacted our vet and they were able to get his perishables (food, medicine, etc) to a rescue they work with. Even the open stuff, including all the chop I had in the freezer.

I'm sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

cassiophys

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christiana
After my budgie died, I contacted our vet and they were able to get his perishables (food, medicine, etc) to a rescue they work with. Even the open stuff, including all the chop I had in the freezer.

I'm sorry for your loss :sadhug2:
Thank you so much for this, I didn't even think about the medicine! I'll definitely jot it down and keep it in mind as I sort through things :bluhug:

Reactions: Ali

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
My vet also took all of the food items left after my Jasper died and sent them to a rescue that he works with.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
There are always rescues or people known to the vet clinic who would gratefully take even the open stuff.

Just thinking....... if you are considering getting another bird sometime soon it may be worth keeping it all for then?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Depending on where you are, there’s a bird sanctuary in Naples, one in Sarasota, a rescue in Punta Gorda, and I think Florida Parrot Rescue is in Tampa.

Are any of those close?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh I just re-read. I doubt that wild birds would eat pellets, since they’re an unknown to them. If you’re fairly close to me I would pay you for the opened ones. We could always use them. I’m in Punta Gorda.
I’m sorry for your loss.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The sparrows here love when I throw out the left over pellets. They swarm over them more than the seed or people scraps I throw out.

cassiophys

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christiana
There are always rescues or people known to the vet clinic who would gratefully take even the open stuff.

Just thinking....... if you are considering getting another bird sometime soon it may be worth keeping it all for then?
Rhodie was our first bird, so I think we'll be dealing with this for a while. I don't see us getting another bird for a year at least, but thank you for the suggestion.

cassiophys

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christiana
Oh I just re-read. I doubt that wild birds would eat pellets, since they’re an unknown to them. If you’re fairly close to me I would pay you for the opened ones. We could always use them. I’m in Punta Gorda.
I’m sorry for your loss.
That's very kind of you, but I don't think I could accept payment for the open pellets. I am more than happy just to be able to give them to you and your flock. :grouphug2:I'm in North Fort Myers, but a drive your way would make for a good outing and fresh air. Let us know if you want us to do contactless delivery or if you'd like them shipped. I really appreciate it :heart: As for the rescues and sanctuaries, thank you!! I'll check them out and see which one I can send the unopened bag to.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
That's very kind of you, but I don't think I could accept payment for the open pellets. I am more than happy just to be able to give them to you and your flock. :grouphug2:I'm in North Fort Myers, but a drive your way would make for a good outing and fresh air. Let us know if you want us to do contactless delivery or if you'd like them shipped. I really appreciate it :heart: As for the rescues and sanctuaries, thank you!! I'll check them out and see which one I can send the unopened bag to.
Thank you so much! I will send you a private message. Perfect timing too, as I'm out. :)