• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Does my Cockatiel sneeze?

Taros

Meeting neighbors
Hello,

I have an older cockatiel and I just bought this grey one. For 2 days already she is doing this sound, like sneezing.
Do you know why does she do that? Should I go to vet?
Thank you in advance!

Here is the video:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am not sure what the noise is. I don't think it's a sneeze. I will tag some people. That cutie really needs to be in a larger cage though. Is that her regular cage? And she needs different perches. Only dowel perches can lead to bumble foot as the uniformity of the perches puts pressure points on the same spots on their feet. Some natural wood perches or other types would be beneficial. (Just not sandpaper perches- those are too rough.)

@Tiel Feathers ? @CeciliaZ ? @Pixiebeak

Taros

Meeting neighbors
That is not her regular cage. We got a bigger one next to her where our older cockatiel is staying. We just wanted to keep her there until they get to know each other and also the room. We have her for a week.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I don't think that is a sneeze. I hear a similar sound sometimes from my tiels. Maybe something stuck in his/her nares? Is your bird still doing this?

It is always a good idea to take a new bird to the vet for a wellness check.