• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does my Budgie like me?

LilyPoll12

Moving in
Real Name
Lily Pollock
I’ve had him for 4-5 days now, he’s still pretty quiet I’ll hear him talking to himself a little but I’ve barley ever heard him talking, he eats from my palm and was landing on my arm when he was unsure where to land, when he’s eating millet he’s not bothered about my hands being around but he still seems tense from his cage, I don’t really know how to better the small relationship we have and get him to feel comfortable around me, any suggestions? He is very good driven he likes millet but I don’t think he understands that my hands mean good stuff, i want him to be able to sit on my finger comfortably.

sb sigmund

Strolling the yard
4-5 days is not very much time for parrots. It can take weeks, months, or years for their true personality to come out. Keep working with him and keep us posted!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Sounds like a very good start!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
In 4-5 days your bird has not even began to settle into your home or his new cage yet so it is probably best not to be wondering about how much he likes you just yet- your focus is best kept on making your bird comfortable and safe and letting him get used to you.