• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

design ideas for birdie room!!

winniezon

Jogging around the block
nori's cage is outside and india gets very cold and polluted in the winter so i think if i was ever to have another bird i would have to make the room on the roof (where i spend a lot of time in) equally as fun a i hope to make the aviary. i love the idea of those big ropes hanging up and those spiraled ropes. i was wondering if any of you had good ideas for what toys and ropes to put up. also is it ok for birds just to fly around a room without a cage?. nori slept on my ceiling fan(not on) at night. my room is not that big but definitely bigger than her aviary so there is quite a lot of space to use. there is a bed in there though
PHOTO-2020-08-21-07-23-47.jpg PHOTO-2020-08-21-08-38-55.jpg

above is her cage which i am hoping to extend to make it much bigger. i was thinking maybe i could put a big branch/tree in a corner then a bunch of ropes but i do not want them to limit how much the bird can fly. one more thing as most of you know nori flew of our rooftop which is where her cage was, so now we are going to put mesh all around the open spaces. i only wish i had done this before:(

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:bump8:

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
I don't think a bird should be out during the night because they could get hurt or get into mischief. I'm not sure what toys they have in india.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't have a bird room (unfortunately), but if I did, I'd make sure it had lots of boings. Every bird photographed on one (not photoshopped on) seems really happy.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
I don't have a bird room (unfortunately), but if I did, I'd make sure it had lots of boings. Every bird photographed on one (not photoshopped on) seems really happy.
i put one in with my bird once and she loved it so i definitely will put lots of those in

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You may find looking through these threads helpful or inspiring;

Some showcase bird rooms, and have tips on how they created their set ups :)

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We can't see your shopping cart - that's individual to you. I recommend making a wish list, putting everything on it, then sharing the wishlist with us.

alyssanor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
alyssa
nori's cage is outside and india gets very cold and polluted in the winter so i think if i was ever to have another bird i would have to make the room on the roof (where i spend a lot of time in) equally as fun a i hope to make the aviary. i love the idea of those big ropes hanging up and those spiraled ropes. i was wondering if any of you had good ideas for what toys and ropes to put up. also is it ok for birds just to fly around a room without a cage?. nori slept on my ceiling fan(not on) at night. my room is not that big but definitely bigger than her aviary so there is quite a lot of space to use. there is a bed in there though
View attachment 363816 View attachment 363815

above is her cage which i am hoping to extend to make it much bigger. i was thinking maybe i could put a big branch/tree in a corner then a bunch of ropes but i do not want them to limit how much the bird can fly. one more thing as most of you know nori flew of our rooftop which is where her cage was, so now we are going to put mesh all around the open spaces. i only wish i had done this before:(
wait is she going to be outside?