• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cyprus, 7th EU member state with a Positive List

Zara

Try to be a rainbow in somebody else´s cloud ❤️
Super Moderator
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm not sure if this has already been posted.
I know the conversation in Spain around this list has flared back up again this last month.

Spain is in the process of applying the new list as law but there's no set date.
A few people have been talking about the smaller parrots like lovebirds and hoping they won't be on the list but I'm led to believe they will be because their image has been used all over flyers alongside monkeys snakes and other exotics.

Alongside this, in Andalucía, Spain there is still confusion RE the new regulations to the animal welfare laws that include prohibiting owning more than five "pets", that are in the final stages of approval, as to whether this applies to parrots. Personally I don't think it does but I have an open ear just in case.
This will also introduce the prohibition of breeding pets outside of registered breeders.

I wonder how many more EU countries will adopt the Positive list. Are the other counties in process?

Hankmacaw

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Pretty soon they will regulate your entire life. I hate gooberments full of people who don't have a clue making rules for everyone.

Kiwi's Mom

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I get having regulations but these things seem way too strict.

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Are the other counties in process?
Animal law in Canada is (embarrassingly!) in backwoods territory.

Some rules are necessary, but they're not necessarily enforced.
A quick googlling says keeping a tiger in Houston is illegal, but legal with restrictions in the rest of the state. Which says so much about how we try to address problems with keeping animals through legislation. It's a mess.