• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cold weather and Sneezing

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
wow that’s so inspiring
i don’t think chikoo and lucky need formula because they don’t open mouth like all small babies do .. the only thing i understand that from the shelter they are coming they become so dependent on Foxtail (no nutrition)
lucky face alot of constipation when he came home i give him Lactolose suspension that help him on a vet advice .. Cold weather is bad here in my city it’s 20C today
we turn on Heater for them adds blankets in their cage soak pallets in warm water still they like Foxtail god only they love french beans coriander and spinach i am trying to feed them veggies and soft food so that their weaning process complete they seems underweight and malnutrition so much work to do with these kiddos and also need to learn all the anatomy too

this is the current pic 10:33 am enjoying nap after meal
They are so very cute!
I'm having the same problem of getting nutritious food into the Quaker Parrot I just rescued. He's 12 years old and came to me eating only salted pumpkin seeds. The only other thing he's seems to know as food is pizza and potato chips! I did manage to get him off of the salted pumpkin seeds. I give him plain ones. Yesterday I got him to eat some peas from my hand, so that's a step in the right direction!

I can't believe they fed those babies nothing but millet. Bless you for taking them in!

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's 12 years old and came to me eating only salted pumpkin seeds. The only other thing he's seems to know as food is pizza and potato chips!
Oh my God! That's horrible! Thank god you saved him.

SJ07

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Saaniya Jackson
They are so very cute!
I'm having the same problem of getting nutritious food into the Quaker Parrot I just rescued. He's 12 years old and came to me eating only salted pumpkin seeds. The only other thing he's seems to know as food is pizza and potato chips! I did manage to get him off of the salted pumpkin seeds. I give him plain ones. Yesterday I got him to eat some peas from my hand, so that's a step in the right direction!

I can't believe they fed those babies nothing but millet. Bless you for taking them in!
bless the big guy! so glad he’s in the right and safe hands now! salted pumpkin seeds are horrible thing .. i think the same thing happened with mine they are forced to eat foxtail millet
i have zupreem fruit blend my other cockateil love them now but they don’t touch one pallet these days only millet they want

SJ07

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Saaniya Jackson
@Pixiebeak this afternoon he again did that breathing thing and his breath is also slightly rapid compared with other ..
followed up what vet prescribed as fast as possible gave him Enroflox 10% 2 drops mix in 0.5 ml of water .. he’s feeling better now he preene and speak and stay awake after the dose otherwise the whole day i monitor him sleeping only after the dose he woke up and clean himself eat and drink
i think it’s an respiratory infection
idk how i use all fragrance stuff in my other room but maybe something irritates his respiratory need to throw smelly stuff now