• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cocktail poops

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
From what I can see, it looks normal. It would be helpful if it was on paper to see better. And as ParrotNuts mentioned, the cage looks rusty. That's not safe for a bird.

@Tiel Feathers ? @CeciliaZ ?

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
Welcome to the avenue!

As everyone said, maybe look into getting a new cage and put some newspaper or bedding at the bottom of the cage to avoid any bacterial infection. Buy a new cage, your current one seems really rusty so make sure you clean your cockatiel's cage at least once a week along with their food containers.

Are there any changes in your birds behaviour? If they are acting sick you might want to consider a vet appointment.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
They look a little runny to me too, and there seems to be a lot in that one place. Does your bird move around a lot? How big is the cage? It definitely needs to be replaced, the bottom cleaned every day, and the rest cleaned every week.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I do see some firm faeces but a lot of what looks like runny faeces. Is the cockatiel getting fresh vegetables? Are these poops dropping from the top of the cage (would explain a lot of the mush were seeing)?
It's really difficult to say one way or the other. We have a mush of good faeces and a lot of mess. As suggested a good clean, some white paper, and don't let so much build up before pulling the tray for the photo.
And I have to agree about the rusty cage, it needs changing.