• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel Roll Call

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
This is Fred, she is/was my grandma's bird for the last 18 years. Her face is dirty because she refuses to bathe even in her nice big water dish.
When I was little I scared her by accident and she's been afraid of me since. Over the last 3 weeks she seems to have forgiven me and she will come and sit on my shoulder or step up on my finger if she feels up to it (she'll let you know if she doesn't want to) 20191223_132609.jpg
She is an aloof old lady but still good

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
This is Fred, she is/was my grandma's bird for the last 18 years. Her face is dirty because she refuses to bathe even in her nice big water dish.
When I was little I scared her by accident and she's been afraid of me since. Over the last 3 weeks she seems to have forgiven me and she will come and sit on my shoulder or step up on my finger if she feels up to it (she'll let you know if she doesn't want to)
Welcome Fred!

Our tiels have "dirty face syndrome" too...especially when they smoosh their faces into fresh green and red peppers. :) There's no way I can clean their faces...the dried juice has to wear off...:rolleyes:

Stacy M

Meeting neighbors
This is our new baby, still unnamed. We’ve had him for 2 weeks and he’s doing great. I’ve only had dogs and cats, so this little sweetie is teaching this old dog to be more patient. I finally have my very first bird at the age of 45!

551761AE-A170-4EA5-BA1A-38DD22A4C21B.jpeg

Travis726

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Travis
This is our new baby, still unnamed. We’ve had him for 2 weeks and he’s doing great. I’ve only had dogs and cats, so this little sweetie is teaching this old dog to be more patient. I finally have my very first bird at the age of 45!

View attachment 325452
He looks like a baby. How old is he?

Stacy M

Meeting neighbors
He's about 15 weeks. I think we've settle on "Winnie", as in Winnie the Pooh, which would also work for a female.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Winnie! :)