• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel Roll Call

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Interesting! The only pied marking that I noticed on Nibbler were white patches (bigger than his pearls) on the back of his neck but I’m actually not sure if that counts? I find it so amazing how they change as they grow and molt out their baby feathers!

And yes, need more birds to complete the cast!
The patch of feathers on the back of his head indicate split pied! ;) Hermes doesn't have that spot, indicating he has no pied genes. Some split pieds may even have a clear tail or wing feather, maybe even a toenail or a toe... but are not actual visual pieds.

toto2021

Meeting neighbors
This is Toto! He/she has just hit 3 months. I have no idea the gender yet, hoping to see more behaviors in a month or so... If anybody has any tips let me know!! I joined this forum so I can ask questions:)))
IMG_7706.jpg

BlueKiwis

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jasmine
This is Toto! He/she has just hit 3 months. I have no idea the gender yet, hoping to see more behaviors in a month or so... If anybody has any tips let me know!! I joined this forum so I can ask questions:))
Theres usually no gender difference until the first moult. He/she is adorable btw :heart:

toto2021

Meeting neighbors
Theres usually no gender difference until the first moult. He/she is adorable btw :heart:
Thank you, I agree wholeheartedly, too cute. Ive just been saying "he" as it's easier.

Moulting - won't be for a while right? Until 6 months? Either way, he's such a mischievous little kid, likes to be involved in literally everything we're doing. He will chew anything so I have to always be taking things away from him!

Which, Id like to ask - what is a good way to say "no!"? He's hand raised so he doesn't mind hands at all. He will let you just pick him up. So I do that when I'm taking him away from a potentially dangerous situation, but I'm not sure if that's correct practice? (He only steps up when I have millet. LOL) Sometimes he gets annoyed if I continuously take him away from something he wants to do (i.e. chew on something not meant to be chewed) and will chirp angrily and nip at my fingers, so that I also want to discourage.

(Let me know if this is appropriate to ask here, or if I should make a new thread)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I would say distract him with something he can chew. And you should create a new thread it will be seen by more people.

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I can't believe I missed this thread! Here's TD the RV Birdy...the TD stands for Terry Dactyl. Singing to my shoes...which is how he prefers to spend all of his out of cage time! Maybe he should be called TD the Pervy RV Birdy!

1635670321298.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, TD is precious! :swoon:
I love your laces!

zoo mom