• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel chick bald spot

Greyish

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello yall

This is Mojito my handsome baby boy (I'm guessing bc he's very vocal with chirping even though he's young) that i was given as an emotional support after the death of my father
I just wanted to ask if the bald spot on his head is normal?
I just found it weird seeing that his wing feathers are starting to fluff up.
Here's a picture of him resting on my leg, he likes that more than my hands for some reason.
I'm handfeeding him, don't worry I was trained by a breeder, plus mojito likes to eat the formula from my fingertips now that he's grown
Another question that I have is that I'm not sure about his age? The guy selling him said that he is 21 days old, that was 12 days ago! To me he is looking 20ish now, but I want some expert age guessing .

Thanks!

20210106_141726.jpg 20210106_141701.jpg

Last edited:

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Q-- is it my imagination, or my inexperience w/ alot of cockatiels... but why are his nares so enlarged?
With Lovebird babies, the tail starts to pop out when they're about 3wk old.. can't see your cockatiels tail length...

Greyish

Checking out the neighborhood
Q-- is it my imagination, or my inexperience w/ alot of cockatiels... but why are his nares so enlarged?
With Lovebird babies, the tail starts to pop out when they're about 3wk old.. can't see your cockatiels tail length...
This is the best picture I could take without disturbing his afternoon nap
Also for the nostrils I've been told it's because he's still a chick, but I can't be too sure
20210106_144613.jpg

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Good... that tail length [to me] looks like he is about 5wks old... don't like the chewed feather on his back... but he's still young. It's nice to handfeed isn't it? Enjoy...​