• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CHECK OUT THIS DIY PLAY TREE STAND!!

Codyyjohns

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Cody
So I recently decided to add a tree stand for my two cockatiels next to their cage. The only issue was that I couldn’t find something narrow (but tall) enough and I didn’t want to spend an outrageous amount of money.

I found an Etsy shop that happened to be semi-local to me called Blooms & Branches (I am not affiliated in any capacity to them) that had these large grape wood trees on Etsy for relatively affordable. I really wanted more branches and a wider top however so I decided to also order two small 12” pieces of grape wood and expand the tree myself using jute twine :)

then I attached the entire thing to an IKEA Eket cabinet for stability and voila- a (half) DIY parrot tree stand perfect for small spaces!

Let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Nice.
Did you double check there’s no chemicals been used on the wood? I’m always worried about that with items that are not originally made for birds.

Codyyjohns

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Cody
Nice.
Did you double check there’s no chemicals been used on the wood? I’m always worried about that with items that are not originally made for birds.
Yes, the shop primarily sells to animal owners, harvests the wood themselves, and claims all their woods are 100% pet safe. Along with hundreds of 5 star reviews :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Yes, the shop primarily sells to animal owners, harvests the wood themselves, and claims all their woods are 100% pet safe. Along with hundreds of 5 star reviews :)
That’s awesome!

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I love it!:swoon: beautiful!

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Great job! I have also used their grapewood in building playstands.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cool! Looks great :)

PetFoster

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julie
Very nice! I have a tabletop "tree stand" from them as well, but my Hahn's macaw does not like to perch or climb on it :crycry:. So, it sits on my desk next to her other play gym and holds toys for her!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Awesome :laughing12: