• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Certificates of Health??

Mason and Kiwi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hello everyone! It seems I'm moving from Florida to Washington a lot sooner! So I am flying by plane with my Green Cheek Conure in the cabin with me. However, I need a certificate of health. Specifically, Certificate of Vetrinary Inspection. I already have an appointment set up with the Vet as they said they can sign those, but what do I need?

I keep looking and I can find a PDF for it, but it includes the rabies vaccine and whatnot which obviously is not needed for birds. Does anyone have a general idea of what specific tests need to be done or what other papers I may need?

Like I said, I'm moving from Florida to Washington. It's domestic travel and I've searched Washington's USDA forms but most of it is for livestock and importing animals. Here is the website.

Any tips or help would be fantastic!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's made with dogs,cats and ferrets in mind not parrots. It will still count though,I had to get one when a forum member adopted my Crimson Belly and flew to get him.
If it's the same as mine which I'm not sure since I can't open links on my phone you should just be able to put Avian for species and breed as Green Cheek Conure.

Your vet should be able to help you fill it out and guide you with what info needs to be filled out. But when in doubt it's always best to call the airline before hand to be absolutely sure to cover the bases so there's no chance of last minute issues preventing him from getting on the flight.

@webchirp

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hello everyone! It seems I'm moving from Florida to Washington a lot sooner! So I am flying by plane with my Green Cheek Conure in the cabin with me. However, I need a certificate of health. Specifically, Certificate of Vetrinary Inspection. I already have an appointment set up with the Vet as they said they can sign those, but what do I need?

I keep looking and I can find a PDF for it, but it includes the rabies vaccine and whatnot which obviously is not needed for birds. Does anyone have a general idea of what specific tests need to be done or what other papers I may need?

Like I said, I'm moving from Florida to Washington. It's domestic travel and I've searched Washington's USDA forms but most of it is for livestock and importing animals. Here is the website.

Any tips or help would be fantastic!!
I would think your vet has the certificates. That’s where I have gotten mine in the past.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
At the clinic I worked at, we had the certificates ready to print and full out. I would think your vet should have them (or know where to get them). Best of luck on the move!!