• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can't stop crying...Mattie's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Holiday, I am so sorry for your's and Max's loss. :hug8:
I hope everything turns out ok during Max's visit.
Thank you so much, Drop. :hug8: I have an appointment for 1 pm Friday afternoon. I would appreciate any prayers or good wishes for his vet visit.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm so so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of Max and hope his vet visit goes well. :hug8:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Oh no, I'm so sorry.:hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you recall how she seemed when you last saw her last night before tucking her in for the night?:huh:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Sweetie,

Forgive me if what I'm saying hurt's you, but I'm not sure if taking Max in instead of getting a necropsy is the best thing. Disease can be difficult to diagnose in a living bird but they can see right away what the problem was during a necropsy. Plus even though Max was the only one who had direct contact, the others did share the same air space.

Ginger

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
OMG I'm so so sorry.. This just hits me right in the heart.. Prayers and coming your way and many hugs as well. Please let us know what you find out. Hug's Barbie and Isis

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Oh no:( I'm so sorry, Holiday. How terrible. :hug8:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sweetie,

Forgive me if what I'm saying hurt's you, but I'm not sure if taking Max in instead of getting a necropsy is the best thing. Disease can be difficult to diagnose in a living bird but they can see right away what the problem was during a necropsy. Plus even though Max was the only one who had direct contact, the others did share the same air space.

Ginger
I appreciate the thoughts, Ginger, and I understand the whole philosophy and practical benefit of a necropsy, but I'm not sure I see it in this instance. Mattie was very young and seemed perfectly healthy until the flood--it's not as if they are going to be able to see long-term degenerative disease in a bird so young, and if she died of a swallowed object or exposure to teflon in my neighbor's kitchen during the flood--that is information that I don't need to pay through the nose for. As I said, I don't believe that's the best use of my time and resources under the current circumstances (the vet is over two hours away and the soonest appointment I can get is for Friday. No matter what a necropsy revealed, the only really relevant point would be what Max's situation is).

The two other macaws here are in a completely different room; so they don't share the air space except the general household air space. The p'lets do, but they are on the far side of the room and never had direct contact with Mattie. Max is the one I'm concerned with, and I'm really not thinking contagion. Or, if there is one, it came from him. She was a perfect baby girl. He's a half-plucked chicken that needs to go to the doctor anyway.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
All my thoughts and prayers go with you for your vet's visit on Friday with Max. Take it a day at a time and you will get there.
It makes me realise how precious our birds are to us and that we should make each day special incase it should be the last. God bless.:hug8:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so so sorry for your loss. May Max be in perfect health! :hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Prayers that Max gets a complete A OK from the Vet..:hug8:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I am so sorry and sending prays for max:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you recall how she seemed when you last saw her last night before tucking her in for the night?:huh:
She blew me kisses from her snuggle hut as I turned out the light :(:(:(

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh.. :cry: I am so sorry Holiday. I cant stop thinking about hw sad this is for you and Max, it breaks my heart :(

I will send prayers and good thoughts that his vet visit goes well. Big hugs to you.

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I am So, so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you.:hug8:

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Oh no, I'm so so sorry. That's just horrible; I don't have any words.

Fly free, sweet Mattie. :hug8:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I dont know you or you Fids personally, but my limited yet frequent interaction here has left me feeling connected in some small way to most of you. Everytime a fid goes, my heart aches, but it seems even more senseless and painful knowing Mattie was a bright young baby with so much life to live.
My heart aches for you, but as apposed to feeling sorry or sad I will concentrate on well wishes for your comfort and Max's Health. Good Luck on Friday, and hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.