• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can you guys tell Lina age?

Edwin777

Moving in
Real Name
Edwin
Judging by the crest length, i would say a baby
Thank you I see and another question why is she always sitting like she is warming eggs like with her chest almost to the floor is that a regular female behavior?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Can you get a picture of the way she sits?

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
Thank you I see and another question why is she always sitting like she is warming eggs like with her chest almost to the floor is that a regular female behavior?
I’m not so sure with the answer to this question.. my cockatiel bends only when she’s doing her mating dance, but if your cockatiel is still a baby, she wouldn’t do it just yet. Do you possibly have a picture of her being in that position?

Edwin777

Moving in
Real Name
Edwin
I’m not so sure with the answer to this question.. my cockatiel bends only when she’s doing her mating dance, but if your cockatiel is still a baby, she wouldn’t do it just yet. Do you possibly have a picture of her being in that position?
Yeah she is not mating, I posted a picture on her in the floor.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I believe this is just the way young birds often sit. She walks and perches okay?

Edwin777

Moving in
Real Name
Edwin
I believe this is just the way young birds often sit. She walks and perches okay?
Yes she walks and perches okay, she mostly like staying in one spot though but I have seen her walk when I take her out and see her perch when she needs food or water, but other than that she just stays in the same spot.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How long have you had her? Maybe she is still settling in and getting comfortable in her new environment. Make sure she is eating enough, since she is young you don’t want her to regress.

Edwin777

Moving in
Real Name
Edwin
How long have you had her? Maybe she is still settling in and getting comfortable in her new environment. Make sure she is eating enough, since she is young you don’t want her to regress.
She eats on her own well, and I had her for two weeks now the first day, and second day I sit near her, and she will hiss at me sometimes, the 3rd day I taught her step up, now she steps up no problem, however when I am putting my finger near her she does hisses but then gets on it.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
If it’s only been two weeks, she is still getting used to everything. You should respect the hiss, which is her way of saying no. Try giving her a little piece of her favorite food every time she steps up without hissing, or lure her onto your finger with it so she doesn’t hiss. Save this treat just for training and remember to never force her to do anything.

Edwin777

Moving in
Real Name
Edwin
If it’s only been two weeks, she is still getting used to everything. You should respect the hiss, which is her way of saying no. Try giving her a little piece of her favorite food every time she steps up without hissing, or lure her onto your finger with it so she doesn’t hiss. Save this treat just for training and remember to never force her to do anything.
Alright thank you and what treat is best I give them this apricot & peach flavor stick that you can buy in the pet store

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My birds love millet, so I give them a little “berry” off the spray for a reward. They only get millet as a reward, besides the little bit mixed in their seed mix. I also used to give one of my birds a safflower seed as a reward. I wouldn’t give your bird the treat stick because most likely it isn’t very nutritious and has too much sugar in it. also, a reward should be something small that she can eat relative quickly.

Edwin777

Moving in
Real Name
Edwin
My birds love millet, so I give them a little “berry” off the spray for a reward. They only get millet as a reward, besides the little bit mixed in their seed mix. I also used to give one of my birds a safflower seed as a reward. I wouldn’t give your bird the treat stick because most likely it isn’t very nutritious and has too much sugar in it. also, a reward should be something small that she can eat relative quickly.
I see thank you so much.