• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can we breed this budgie to obtain hagoromos?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I always avoided breeding birds with these genetic deformities and those that produced such birds so I can't really give any advice.

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
This is not my budgie, but I was wondering If you can obtain a hagoromo if you cross this budgie with a crestbred or any other mutation? Or what can you breed out of this type of budgie?
why would you want to obtain an hagoromo? Those birds aren't supposed to exist and they aren't having a good life with feathers sticking them the wrong way. Please think of the birds well-being before any fancy look and money..

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
Another thing to think about is that while mutations are natures way to 'batle' inbreeding, not all mutations are good, out in nature mother nature fix that, in our animals not so much, and often they can be in strands which means its not just one gene. And therefor mutations also can lead to bad health effects, like in many of say the 'naked' dog breeds the mutation giving the hairlessness is tied to example poor teeth health.

And because humans who aint patient, tend to want to get a quick effect on producing up such mutation looks, they dont do it by good breeding standards, but instead inbreed and botleneck strands of populations..which again lead to health problems and inbreeding depresion.

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
why would you want to obtain an hagoromo? Those birds aren't supposed to exist and they aren't having a good life with feathers sticking them the wrong way. Please think of the birds well-being before any fancy look and money..
First of all, that’s why I started with the phrase “This is not my bird”! No one is breeding this bird to obtain a hagoromo, so relax. I was wondering how hagoromos came about since the info online is a bit confusing. It’s the first time I’ve seen this type of bird so I was wondering why it’s like this.

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
I can not verify the accuracy as I have not read the sources and their sources (just did a google search to look for a likely explanation), but here is a site that seem to maybe explain it based in research.

If there anything you dont understand in there, just give me a heads up and I can try and look up the defination in my biology lexicon for you, but it seemed to be ok explained and also refers to sources for info you can look up.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
First of all, that’s why I started with the phrase “This is not my bird”! No one is breeding this bird to obtain a hagoromo, so relax. I was wondering how hagoromos came about since the info online is a bit confusing. It’s the first time I’ve seen this type of bird so I was wondering why it’s like this.
Please don't feel under attack here, everyone is just expressing their views openly, which is why a forum like this works.
You also have to understand a lot of young people come here looking to breed birds when they're far from ready. Indeed since your second thread you have been asking about gender and mutations of a multitude of birds, understand this can be misunderstood. You have been stating clearly these birds aren't yours but it's understandable that your audience may begin to doubt you after so many birds.

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
Maybe an idea could be to make an oversigth tread of mutations and information around them along with known weaknesses, for the various bird forums where such is normal. It can help answer both those who are curious as well as those who for various reasons ended up with one, I am sure many bougth mutations without even thinking about it as anything other then it just being a color, and may not realize that other things they see in the bird may be linked to the color.

Also will help give oversigth of what is natural colors, or traits, and what is not in a bird spicies.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Maybe an idea could be to make an oversigth tread of mutations and information around them along with known weaknesses, for the various bird forums where such is normal. It can help answer both those who are curious as well as those who for various reasons ended up with one, I am sure many bougth mutations without even thinking about it as anything other then it just being a color, and may not realize that other things they see in the bird may be linked to the color.

Also will help give oversigth of what is natural colors, or traits, and what is not in a bird spicies.
As much as I like your idea I'm sure this may have been attempted in the past. The fact is there are so many mutations and combinations you'd have to write a book to cover just the basics. I'm not against the idea I'm just sure you won't find anyone willing to do all the work. There are whole websites out there dedicated to this subject and they're easy to find.

Reactions: tka

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
Oh I am well aware, but many are not complete, and if you dont know what your searching for then it can be hard to find stuff. Google is a great tool, but just like with any other subject to ask questions who will yield good answers means you have to have some basic knowledge of field your asking.

It all depends on what you learn or learned in school, or how much you have been diging into a field, and today that digging for some is coming to such forums to get pointers.

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
Please don't feel under attack here, everyone is just expressing their views openly, which is why a forum like this works.
You also have to understand a lot of young people come here looking to breed birds when they're far from ready. Indeed since your second thread you have been asking about gender and mutations of a multitude of birds, understand this can be misunderstood. You have been stating clearly these birds aren't yours but it's understandable that your audience may begin to doubt you after so many birds.
Of course I feel attacked. You make it seem like I am breeding these birds for money which is something I can careless about. Just like you mentioned, non of these are my birds, and I come here to ask about mutations and subjects such as these. I’ve been breeding lovebirds for a long time, and I am starting to get into budgies.

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian

Thanks you so much

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
As much as I like your idea I'm sure this may have been attempted in the past. The fact is there are so many mutations and combinations you'd have to write a book to cover just the basics. I'm not against the idea I'm just sure you won't find anyone willing to do all the work. There are whole websites out there dedicated to this subject and they're easy to find.
Link some

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
I can not verify the accuracy as I have not read the sources and their sources (just did a google search to look for a likely explanation), but here is a site that seem to maybe explain it based in research.

If there anything you dont understand in there, just give me a heads up and I can try and look up the defination in my biology lexicon for you, but it seemed to be ok explained and also refers to sources for info you can look up.
Thanks. I came across this exact link, so it sparked my curiosity. I am from Mexico and there are countless breeders who worship this bird as “the ultimate bird” and they don't stigmatize it. So, I was wondering why or how they were bred.

I don’t understand why this bird has its back like this. Is it to breed hagos? Or is it something completely different ?

Attachments

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
Oh across the breeding world there are many fancies, pending species and breeds, and it become trends..just because many do it, doesnt mean its the rigth thing for the animals health. It doesnt mean all mutations are bad, but you need a bit of knowledge and tread carefull to find if a new mutation serves the breed or not, and even then to follow good breeding principles rather then rushing to produce it up for a market.

I dont know the background of the hago' mutation so wouldnt know if any bad health is conected to it beyond what can be deducted in general..
1 its not natural for budgies to have feathers that way, if it was functional for birds to be like that you would find it in the wild too, and I can but imagine it would have its backsides for the animal in many a way.
2 the fact that often to get stuff like this they botleneck the lines..so you have various degrees of inbreeding, which always is a bad thing, and inbreeding depression leads to many health issues over time.

Ie anything that variate from the norm of the breed or spicies I would be sceptical about, untill I had time to research it and get proof that its not harmfull to the animal, or bring about it larger risks for bad health.

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
Oh across the breeding world there are many fancies, pending species and breeds, and it become trends..just because many do it, doesnt mean its the rigth thing for the animals health. It doesnt mean all mutations are bad, but you need a bit of knowledge and tread carefull to find if a new mutation serves the breed or not, and even then to follow good breeding principles rather then rushing to produce it up for a market.

I dont know the background of the hago' mutation so wouldnt know if any bad health is conected to it beyond what can be deducted in general..
1 its not natural for budgies to have feathers that way, if it was functional for birds to be like that you would find it in the wild too, and I can but imagine it would have its backsides for the animal in many a way.
2 the fact that often to get stuff like this they botleneck the lines..so you have various degrees of inbreeding, which always is a bad thing, and inbreeding depression leads to many health issues over time.

Ie anything that variate from the norm of the breed or spicies I would be sceptical about, untill I had time to research it and get proof that its not harmfull to the animal, or bring about it larger risks for bad health.
Well said my friend