• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bump?

CWPajaro<3

Meeting neighbors
Just wondering what it means when someone comments “Bump” and what ‘Bumping’ means
Thanks!

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It just means that your making the thread more visible. Active threads show up at the top of the "what's new" page, so if someone hasn't answered a thread yet, you can "bump" it so more people will see it.

CWPajaro<3

Meeting neighbors
I was wondering, can I also do the “Bump” thing, or is it only for admins and the like? I kinda doubted that it works for everyone, since it sounds like that could be counterintuitive, but I thought I’d ask.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I was wondering, can I also do the “Bump” thing, or is it only for admins and the like? I kinda doubted that it works for everyone, since it sounds like that could be counterintuitive, but I thought I’d ask.
Anyone can bump a thread. This is what the forum Guidelines and etiquette thread says:

• Bumping a topic is okay, but please try to not bump a thread unless there has been no activity for at least 6 hours, and not more than once every 24 hours unless it is an emergency situation. If it is an emergency and not in the right area, please consider reporting the post so a staff member can move it and get it the appropriate attention it needs.

You can find the Guidelines and Etiquette thread here: Avian Avenue Community Guidelines & Etiquette

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Anytime you post to a thread it's technically a "bump" because it "bumps" the thread to the top of the New Posts list.

The purpose of saying bump is letting the person know you don't have anything to add to the conversation (or nothing new to add to your own thread) but that you are aiding in the thread being seen.

Saying "I don't have any advice, but hopefully someone who does will be by soon!" Is essentially just a longer way of saying the same thing :)