• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Mutations

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I also think they’re all just gorgeous :heart:
But I am partial to the Jo and Loki mutations lol
Speaking of which...can anyone say what mutation Loki is? The breeder just said he was a rainbow EB, but he’s changed so much the last few months. When we first got him (1st pic) his cheek “squares” were periwinkle and the lower half of his belly was pastel blue. The cheeks are now white and most of his belly is green with just a bit of blue at the bottom by the vent. Also, it looks like he may have clear wings? They’re just growing back in and I never saw them as a baby cuz they were clipped before we got him :rolleyes:
Can anybody tell me what this pretty Birdie is please?

Attachments

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Speaking of which...can anyone say what mutation Loki is? The breeder just said he was a rainbow EB, but he’s changed so much the last few months. When we first got him (1st pic) his cheek “squares” were periwinkle and the lower half of his belly was pastel blue. The cheeks are now white and most of his belly is green with just a bit of blue at the bottom by the vent. Also, it looks like he may have clear wings? They’re just growing back in and I never saw them as a baby cuz they were clipped before we got him :rolleyes:
Gorgeous, that's what he is :D

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I love the spangle ones, and violet, but I am very weak for the yellow faced sky blue opaline spangle. They look like little boys in pyjamas!! :D
I've never seen really life yellow faced gray dominant pied but I must agree that it is a beautiful mutation too!

l_657560575.jpg

Last edited:

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
not a rainbow at all but a spangled possibly a yf type two if the bird started off blue

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
not a rainbow at all but a spangled possibly a yf type two if the bird started off blue
Thank you so much! I went with the rainbow at first, but now that he’s losing most of the blue I didn’t really think that made sense.

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
I have a thing for inos. I love albinos.