• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Mutations

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
For me I much prefer seeing budgies that are just like what I am used to seeing in the wild....the original greens are my all time favorite.

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
:hug8:I love them all! I can’t pick. I’d pick one, look some more, pick another, and on it went. They are ALL so pretty, even the “ordinary” little green and yellow ones like Packer. I guess I’m partial to blues, but which? Don’t know! :angelic:

Last edited:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I love the green. At one time, I had tiels and a lovebird. Loved budgies and loved seeing posts here about them. But I had "enough" birds. Someone posted a pic of a normal green budgie. And I thought, if I ever get one, I would like one like that. Not long after that, a green budgie like that showed up where I work! Yes...he came home with me. That was over 2 years ago. He is still with me as well as a budgie friend I got for him. :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Its the same with Linnies. Natures color for them is also green. Then breeders began selling other color mutations and the green ones were getting hard to find. Not that way now because the concerned breeders began breeding for all greens. Not so in the budgie world.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I think the Rainbow Spangle is quite catching for color. But no matter the color... they are just the most adorable little birds with the cutest antics. How could you not love a budgie!

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
There's no way I can pick just one "favourite" :D Budgies, in general, are just such gorgeous birds. I do love the greens though; I could sit staring at my boys' beautiful feathers all day long. Just exquisite.