• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie diseases??

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What a great deed you did for little Eska! I hope she will be feeling well and happy soon and that if you wish to keep her, you will be able! :angel3::angel3::angel3: < That's you!

GingerDee

Strolling the yard
What a great deed you did for little Eska! I hope she will be feeling well and happy soon and that if you wish to keep her, you will be able! :angel3::angel3::angel3: < That's you!
Thank you..but no..
I am just EXTREMELY EMPATHETIC and have seen too many animals suffer because of money. It's just money. Paper. My bills are paid. I'm fed. We share this earth. They are in captivity. It's what is suppose to happen.‍♀ plus..I'd never forgive myself letting her go thinking she'd stay that way longer.

I would have donated if she was just a random internet bird too. She needed a bit of help. My life won't be altered too much even if the money NEVER came back, but I believe in karma. Someone will help me out when really needed (already happened a million times in my life) so I will continue helping when I can and sleep with a good conscience.

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
wow, that lady runs a bird rescue and doesn't know about birds?! And she doesn't take them to the vet... How responsible is that really, if the baby sitter is the one to take care of them?! They were lucky you took the job seriously!
33g is very thin. My 2 budgies were on the run for 3 and 4 days 2 Summers ago, they were about that weight when I caught them back, one of them was very very thin and tired, he had probably been unable to find proper food all that time, actually he ended up seeking help by landing and sitting himself on some people's suitcase while they were moving to their new flat... They were eating like crazy when I took them back home and rapidly gain their weight back, normal weight is between 40 and 45g. Sounds like Eska is depressed, she really needs the care and attention you are giving her now :heart: 8 months like that, poor little bird.. :sad11:

GingerDee

Strolling the yard
wow, that lady runs a bird rescue and doesn't know about birds?! And she doesn't take them to the vet... How responsible is that really, if the baby sitter is the one to take care of them?! They were lucky you took the job seriously!
33g is very thin. My 2 budgies were on the run for 3 and 4 days 2 Summers ago, they were about that weight when I caught them back, one of them was very very thin and tired, he had probably been unable to find proper food all that time, actually he ended up seeking help by landing and sitting himself on some people's suitcase while they were moving to their new flat... They were eating like crazy when I took them back home and rapidly gain their weight back, normal weight is between 40 and 45g. Sounds like Eska is depressed, she really needs the care and attention you are giving her now :heart: 8 months like that, poor little bird.. :sad11:

Yes I know...I assumed the new owner wouldn't bring her in because I know she is 1.5 hours out of town and doesn't have a reliable vehicle. I just knew that I wouldn't have been able to watch her like that, and she had been like that for months already. Something needed to be done!

I'm still not sure I will keep them, and if I don't keep them..not sure how I would bypass a fight because we are Facebook friends. I just don't want drama!

Eska will heal and get healthy first before anything is decided.

BUT, I did end up petting Eska this morning. And her and my bird have found each other through the walls and doors...so I am curious how they would be together..

Either way, no one offered any money towards the $150 vet bill...or the food and seeds I got her...so for those reasons I'm saying they are mine and I'll decide where they go. Not sure if my house is the right one or not. I love all animals, but they all don't have to live with me.