• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Breeder band

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
I’m trying to find the hatch year on my budgies band... BBFC0564
not sure if those b’s are 8’s though (see picture)
6700C63A-9391-4B0D-B8E7-25899FDF7CD8.jpeg
If anyon can decipher this for me, that’d be great. It’s a closed band and the budgie (female) is from petsmart. I’ve had her for about 3 years.

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Could it be The Baby Bird Farm Cliff Patterson Rockford IL 815-968-4320?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you got your bird at Petsmart and the band letters are BBF then most likely came from Barney's Bird Farm aka Barney's Pets and Supplies located in Chino, CA.

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
@Zara im assuming @iamwhoiam is right considering the petsmart i got her from is in SoCal. Is there any way to determine the hatch year based on the numbers on the band? If not, do you know if that breeder part of the american budgerigar society?

Last edited:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If the breeder had followed the WBO/USA/UK convention then she'd have hatched in 2015 as her band is violet. Now that can't be right can it?
What color was her cere when you bought her?

Last edited:

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
If the breeder had followed the WBO/USA convention then she'd have hatched in 2015 as her band is violet. Now that can't be right can it?
What color was her cere when you bought her?
her cere was pink, it stayed pink throughout the 3 years i’ve had her. when i got her, she was above the age where she would have full stripes on her head. (she’s the one on the left)
DFBD0759-827C-473F-BD33-23DD2BB32482.jpeg

Last edited:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
her cere was pink, it stayed pink throughout the 3 years i’ve had her. when i got her, she was above the age where she would have full stripes on her head.
Then it sounds like she's actually a he, and at least 16 weeks old when you got him. Females old enough to sell never have a pink cere.

Last edited:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Unless the cere is actually tan (light brown). Bright pink is a male color.

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
662DB5CD-F57C-4F18-8DD3-0BAED3A5C7AA.jpeg
@Ripshod this is her/him. i was told that she was female and that the females have a pale pink-tan cere. i could be wrong though. i will try to get a better picture by the end of the day

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Yep, she's a she. If she hasn't lost any bars since you got her so (just a guess) she'd have been around 6-7 months when you got her, so likely hatched autumn/winter 2017.
Sound about right?
Without tracking her and depending on her breeder's record keeping you may never get an actual date.

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
Yep, she's a she. If she hasn't lost any bars since you got her so (just a guess) she'd have been around 6-7 months when you got her, so likely hatched autumn/winter 2017.
Sound about right?
Without tracking her and depending on her breeder's record keeping you may never get an actual date.
yeah, sounds like it’s in about the right range. All i really know is that she’s old enough to be at least 3 years old

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Zara im assuming @iamwhoiam is right considering the petsmart i got her from is in SoCal. Is there any way to determine the hatch year based on the numbers on the band? If not, do you know if that breeder part of the american budgerigar society?
Too bad that Petsmart didn't give you any documentation about her. Sometimes they have paperwork. You can contact Barney's and see if they can give you any information. I remember reading, though, that they haven't been that cooperative when others have tried to get information from them.

Address: 13325 Benson Ave, Chino, CA 91710
Phone: (909) 591-4200

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
Too bad that Petsmart didn't give you any documentation about her. Sometimes they have paperwork. You can contact Barney's and see if they can give you any information. I remember reading, though, that they haven't been that cooperative when others have tried to get information from them.

Address: 13325 Benson Ave, Chino, CA 91710
Phone: (909) 591-4200
ok i will try calling. hopefully they will have some info for me.