• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue sun conures?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It's probably a simple recessive. Most of the mutations like this are in Europe or Asia. There are some rare mutation birds here, but most of those breeders/collectors are very secretive. I did just see single factor violet greencheeks at an aviary in Florida.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It's probably a simple recessive. Most of the mutations like this are in Europe or Asia. There are some rare mutation birds here, but most of those breeders/collectors are very secretive. I did just see single factor violet greencheeks at an aviary in Florida.
It is a recessive mutation. Honestly, the breeders with those mutations are smart these days to be secretive about having these birds as the amount of robberies has skyrocketed in recent years.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is a recessive mutation. Honestly, the breeders with those mutations are smart these days to be secretive about having these birds as the amount of robberies has skyrocketed in recent years.
I agree. You don’t see them for sale in the US, so my surmise is that they sell them to Asia.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So pretty :strhng: