• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Blood cuming from the CAG mouth plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
My Sun Conure Nicky fusses constantly until his Full Spectrum lights are turned on (the days he has to be in his cage.) My 2 finches are really appreciative of their lighting, too.:marlenesmile:

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
I'm glad he is ok :hug8:

ImaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jessica
Any update how is he doing?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So wonderful to have a concerned bird guardian who was able to get to a vet for a detailed exam. We love happy endings!

Arslan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arslan
Any update how is he doing?
He is doing better. Still no hard food just giving him mashed and soft food n fruits. He is More active then b4. Ordered the fs lights, will recieve them in few days hopfully.

Arslan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arslan
I'm sure that will be fine.

Yes, I had a conure get ill from not having it. I just knew something was wrong with her but I didn't know what it was. She was biting herself and screaming in pain. At first the vet didn't seem concerned and didn't even want to look at her. I had to say, look here and here, she has bruises! He then examined her and thought it was due to the lack of FS lighting. I got the light and she immediately sat under it with her wings spread out. Within 2 weeks she was feeling like herself again. I'm convinced they work.
I very stupid question but should i put it in the cage or above the cage.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I very stupid question but should i put it in the cage or above the cage.
Above. You don't want the bird to grab the light bulb and have it break or to chew the electrical cord. Make sure the cord isn't close enough to the cage that he can grab it through the bars.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
That is such wonderful news. Your bird is so lucky to have you looking after his every need. good luck with the lamp and know to be around whilst it is in use just to keep an eye on things and make sure inquisitive little minds and beaks do not work out ways of getting to it!
After using it on a regular basis for a few hours a day you will notice a difference probably in your bird for the better. All we are doing is miming what the natural sun can do to help the bird with its daily dose of vitamins converted with the help of the foods you also are providing to it.The sun through glass of a window etc does not give them the same benefits at all and keeps the good rays away from them.
Red palm oil in small amounts daily is also good for Greys as is a weekly well cooked chop or chicken bone for them to gnaw at! They find the bone marrow a lot of benefit when they need it.
It is as your bird grows older it will benefit from all of these extras and also help prolong its long life. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.