• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Blood cuming from the CAG mouth plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arslan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arslan
Thx all of you for the wishes. The vet came had a quick look said nothing to worry abt gav sum pain relief medician to mix with his food and gave me an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to do a full body cheak. He is with me from last 4 hour nt going in the cage. I am feeding him tim to tim.
Will read that Cayenne artical now. I think i wont be able to sleep untill i get him fully cheaked.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Many prayers that your baby gets the care s/he needs and that you can figure out what's wrong.

Ginger

Lovebirdlover

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kennedy
Good to hear the vet came and he sounds alright!

Recover soon prince!!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Just reading your terrifying story and seeing it unfold for the first time. It sounds like and injury of some kind but did the Vet check his tongue and inside his mouth also?
Is he eating soft foods now?
Do you have a lamp to put him under? Sorry to ask so many questions but he looks so healthy I am thinking it must be an injury of some kind.
With my Gag found she needed the help to convert her food into her body's needs and the lamp did this for her and halted her illness. You are doing so much good for your bird he is lucky to have you looking after him. Good luck.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very happy to hear he is now under the care of your vet and will get a full check tomorrow, I am sure you will be quite stressed until you get answers. Healing prayers from our house Arslan, please keep us all updated. :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Glad to hear he was seen by the vet and is on the mend.

Arslan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arslan
Just came back from the vet. Every thing is alright now. He Checked his full body and mouth. So as it turns out it is the beak injury a small part of the upper tip is broken and their is a small crack inside aswel. The vet putted sum solution on his beak. And gave sum medicines . He is feeling alot better nw. Talking a bit.
N yes he is eating only warm and soft food.
Coz of the weather here The vet also recommended the sun lamp so will get that asap.
At the end i will like to thank all of you for helping me. U r the best.

Last edited:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
So glad your baby is ok Arsian.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Might just be the wording, but it's not one of those sun lamps people use for tanning but rather a full spectrum light the vet wants you to get. Something like this:

Full Spectrum Lighting for Birds. Provides Vitamin D3. DISCOUNTED

I have been using the FeatherBrite bulbs for many years now. I have a floor lamp between two cages that has 3 lights on it, and a clip light on my other cage for the bulbs. FS lighting is very important to the health of parrots, and especially so for African Greys.

I'm so glad Prince is ok :)

sodakat

Real Name
Kathy
Might just be the wording, but it's not one of those sun lamps people use for tanning but rather a full spectrum light the vet wants you to get. Something like this:

I have been using the FeatherBrite bulbs for many years now. I have a floor lamp between two cages that has 3 lights on it, and a clip light on my other cage for the bulbs. FS lighting is very important to the health of parrots, and especially so for African Greys.

I think the vet MAY be talking about a sun lamp. I recently read that true sun lamps provide Vit D which can be absorbed by the skin around the face and feet. They are very expensive however. FS lights work differently, using the eyes instead of the skin. I'm not an expert and cannot explain well, but there is a big difference apparently. Any sunlamps I've seen cost hundreds of dollars though.

Another thing I realized while doing research on Vit D3, is the level of the sun in the sky greatly affects how much UVB we (and our birds) receive. Apparently when the sun is below 50 degrees altitude the UVB rays don't penetrate the ozone layer nearer the earth. So in my area the benefits of the sun promoting Vit D on our skin won't happen until the beginning of April.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I think the vet MAY be talking about a sun lamp. I recently read that true sun lamps provide Vit D which can be absorbed by the skin around the face and feet. They are very expensive however. FS lights work differently, using the eyes instead of the skin. I'm not an expert and cannot explain well, but there is a big difference apparently. Any sunlamps I've seen cost hundreds of dollars though.

Another thing I realized while doing research on Vit D3, is the level of the sun in the sky greatly affects how much UVB we (and our birds) receive. Apparently when the sun is below 50 degrees altitude the UVB rays don't penetrate the ozone layer nearer the earth. So in my area the benefits of the sun promoting Vit D on our skin won't happen until the beginning of April.
Interesting about the sun lamps.

I did know about the sun angle, a problem for all of us in the winter.

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Are CAG beaks that weak I would think maybe he got it pinched liked in cage door or room door hinge if you understand what I mean . Ethier way I am glad you got in touch with vet fingers crossed here and by the way you have a beautiful bird

Arslan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arslan
Thanks for the useful info. N that link will definitely help. N to b honest i Didn't completely understood the doctor about the lamp thing coz he was speaking in french n my french is not so good, just moved here in brussels 18 months ago. But info from u ppl will b welcomed.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That is great news Arslan!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Arslan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arslan

i m planing to get this 1 will that be ok
Buy Arcadia Compact UV Lighting Kit - Save 10%! from Northern Parrots, fast UK delivery

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
All I can add is it was like switching a light on in Leroy when she was ill. We had a power cut a few days into using one and she rapidly went back to the usual state, it had to be seen to be believed. Now we use lamps on three of our birds during the Winter and all three appear to find them beneficial. Not going to stop using them if they work on Leroy, that is a good enough recommendation for me!:)

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm sure that will be fine.

Yes, I had a conure get ill from not having it. I just knew something was wrong with her but I didn't know what it was. She was biting herself and screaming in pain. At first the vet didn't seem concerned and didn't even want to look at her. I had to say, look here and here, she has bruises! He then examined her and thought it was due to the lack of FS lighting. I got the light and she immediately sat under it with her wings spread out. Within 2 weeks she was feeling like herself again. I'm convinced they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.