• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blast From The Past! My First Budgie!

Stevie

Strolling the yard
Ok so…… this is me we think the year was 1981 as I would have been around 3 or 4 years old with our pet budgie “Joey” sitting on my head. He used to love to fly around the house then land on my head. My Mum swears she didn’t make me wear this jumper on purpose which I think she did as it matches Joey! I have loved birds/animals my whole life raised on a dairy farm. As for my pose? That’s anyone’s guess 52429C73-E58E-4DE0-9873-0A579B978C1B.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That´s a fantastic photograph! :)

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is pretty adorable! And a great photo to have :)

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
What a precious memory! Joey is so cute!

Stevie

Strolling the yard
Joey was a dear little budgie flew around the house anytime he wanted… loved landing on my head such fond memories

Stevie

Strolling the yard
Pretty obvious I would have thought…me obviously…. Hahahahaa ! And I haven’t changed a bit ! Growing up in the 70-80’s with a Mum that was a photographer….you really have no idea what I went through!!! Hahaha…she was obsessed with animals too always wearing “save the whales” t shirts and always using us kids and our pets for photos…in saying that there was not one unhappy animal on our farm they all lived very happy lives!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
SO cute! And that is both of you. :heart:

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Please thank your Mum for me -- I love the matching jumper.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Awww, so you were brought into the budgie world since you were tiny! Was your mom a crazy bird loving person like us?

Stevie

Strolling the yard
M
Awww, so you were brought into the budgie world since you were tiny! Was your mom a crazy bird loving person like us?
we lived (family still has ) on a dairy farm. Every animal you can imagine. Mum loves them all! So yes growing up on a farm and Joey was my first pet bird and I looked after the chooks as well. My Mum was/ is the kind of Mum that back in late 70’s early 80’s wore “save the whales” etc, t - shirts….. big animal lover and both her and my Dad taught me the correct way to treat them, with respect always…

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Jumper! :lol:Not many or at least I didn't at one time know a jumper was a sweater! Always confused me.

Cute. Birds when I was a child were not friendly & would fly aimlessly scaring me if they ever got out of the cage.
Then birds were kept in cages. We had such a hard time getting them back in if they escaped. I think I had a blue & at one time green budgie in the house when I was a child. Mostly Mom had canaries...birds were not something we had alot of.

Then when I visited Mom in 2003 in Australia she was hand raising some tiels. They were so friendly & walked all over you. I was smitten...

Chooks too...lol we call em chickens. Dad had some white silkies that were so cute!!!

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I like that....chooks! My new favorite word, tossing chickens out the window