• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birdy census

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Is there anything built into the forums that's tied into accounts and if not, perhaps its something we can turn on or something the administrators can post forum wide that acts as a sort of bird census? I have noticed that certain species sub forums seem to get a LOT more activity than others. Of course the quantity of posts under each is interesting by itself, but it would also be REALLY interesting to see species statistics among members. Wouldn't it be fun to see what the popularity of each is? Just a thought.

kialmac

Moving in
Real Name
Kyle
This is really interesting, but I didn't expect the top three to be the way it is.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
To throw you off, I almost never post in the species forums lol.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where should I post then since vasa vista is at a slow crawl?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Where should I post then since vasa vista is at a slow crawl?

Most people view by New Posts which bring up everything new from all over.

You could use any of the general forums, like Bird Boulevard, Feathered Food Court, etc depending on the topic

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you. I'll do that instead

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, the Linnie forum is super slow. I just check the new posts but that made me miss a Linnie specific post yesterday! So I'll check there everyday too.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
This is really interesting, but I didn't expect the top three to be the way it is.
Yeah I was a little surprised that Macaws were on top. I know they are popular, but I kinda figured they are more of a window shopping bird due to such a large commitment. Of course, the data above is not a "census" as I initially suggested, but just what I had available at the time to drive some interest in this idea. This data is probably more representative of the window shoppers anyways lol. I would still be really interested to see an actual true census of what species members currently keep at home. It would be difficult though even with forum administrator support to get a proper sample. I am still open to ideas and support from the forum admins ( maybe @expressmailtome ). Maybe a forum wide poll that the admins can put on the front page to poll current active members? This could be a perpetual poll that continues to build data with time. Then we could at least get an interesting running total from active members to see how the species stack up. That would be really cool and should be easy to do if the admins are willing.