• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No photos sorry.

I have a fractured bone in my hand from being bitten a few days back :(
Oh no! I'm so sorry :( I'm guessing it was Burt and not Birdie?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
The big guy freak out and bite you because he got scared?
I wish it was an accident butit wasn't... he was intent on winning a little dispute we were having lol He wanted to be on me, I didn't want him on me as he was being a bit off. I put my hand up to stop his access to my shoulder while stood next to him so he grabbed the hand that was in the way and stared to crush- teeniest of marks left on the top and bottom of my hand but a lot of bruising and swelling. My fault for not just stepping away- I did know he was in a mood as he is a tad hormonal and cage protective again.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh no! I'm so sorry :( I'm guessing it was Burt and not Birdie?
Lol of course it was my big sweet adorable Burt! Birdie could not fit my enough of my hand into his little beak to crack a bone, he has done some nice cuts but of late he has been asking for scratches and loving them and not even trying to nip- he turned into a different bird altogether when we moved... he forages now and loves chewing stuff up (even calls out when he needs more boxes to shred lol) and has started chatting and interacting a lot more.

Probably does not help that my bone density is probably not quite what it once was due to getting old lol

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol of course it was my big sweet adorable Burt! Birdie could not fit my enough of my hand into his little beak to crack a bone, he has done some nice cuts but of late he has been asking for scratches and loving them and not even trying to nip- he turned into a different bird altogether when we moved... he forages now and loves chewing stuff up (even calls out when he needs more boxes to shred lol) and has started chatting and interacting a lot more.

Probably does not help that my bone density is probably not quite what it once was due to getting old lol
Darn thats what I was afraid of,I'm sorry he's really challenging you quite a bit.
That's wonderful news about Birdie though. Good for him for growing and changing and being happier for it.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Never had a bird big enough to break some bones but Lurch gave it a go every chance he got for 5 years till he decided we were friends, then it was just a feature, and same thing, leave him alone when he's in a mood or be fast.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie