• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best cookware for my parrot

Rebecca678

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rebecca
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking into buying new parrot safe cookware - specifically a frying pan. I currently have a stainless steel frying pan which is on its last legs and have been searching the web for a PTFE/PFOA free one and came across one on Argos that I think is made from aluminium and ceramic coated - Salter Sustainable 28cm Frying Pan. I was just hoping to get someones opinion on whether this is a good option, it does say on the image with the label on that it is PTFE/PFOA free - is that all I need to be concerned about when purchasing cookware or are there other things I should look out for.

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:

Cat G

Meeting neighbors
Oh crap, that's a decent price, too. We paid a pretty penny for our stainless set here in Canada, but my consolation is that it should last forever.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, Stainless, enamel & aluminum forever & ceramic needs to be replaced every so many years from normal wear. I only use my ceramic for eggs & the rest are one of the others listed above.