• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bent tail?

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
ok, as far as i know kinks in the tail aren’t harmful or bad as long as they don’t cause pain and she’s totally fine, but it would be nice to know everyone’s opinions on her feather condition and quote on quote “coat”
5951C867-20BB-43E0-B9C9-F4FEC1CAFAE1.jpeg if i’m being honest this is just a cute picture of her LMAO and as for her morph i have no idea, i think she’s turquoise pineapple or turquoise cinnamon? 5B73B919-D0B8-4DA9-82F3-B638A25E6491.jpeg here’s a good shot of her stomach, in my opinion her feathers look in great healthy condition. (her clip wasn’t up to me, the people i got her from clipped her, but she’s still very capable of flight and they’ve been growing in beautifully) 7143B055-3B3B-43A7-8CBA-A44B1A6F6A7D.jpeg and then here’s her tail. it makes me worry but she lets me touch and try and straighten it, she doesn’t wince or have any pain on it, my only concern is her trying to pull it out and causing a blood feather. what should i watch out for?

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
:bump4:

She's gorgeous! :heart:
I wouldn't worry about a bent feather, but just try to make sure that doesn't happen again. As in, if she bent it by getting it stuck in the cage bars, change things up a bit and give her some more room so she doesn't get it caught.

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
:bump4:

She's gorgeous! :heart:
I wouldn't worry about a bent feather, but just try to make sure that doesn't happen again. As in, if she bent it by getting it stuck in the cage bars, change things up a bit and give her some more room so she doesn't get it caught.
YAY! i think it’s her clumsiness, she’s preening and doing just fine! i was just being a little paranoid HAHA

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I doubt very much she’s gonna try to pull it out. It likely won’t even bother her.
When Burt has a full length tail and has to go anywhere in his carrier he ends up with a kink in his tail. It’s usually sorted itself out after a shower or after enough time where it’s not held in the bent position.
Is there a perch your bird uses a lot where it’s tail is pressed up against something?

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
I doubt very much she’s gonna try to pull it out. It likely won’t even bother her.
When Burt has a full length tail and has to go anywhere in his carrier he ends up with a kink in his tail. It’s usually sorted itself out after a shower or after enough time where it’s not held in the bent position.
Is there a perch your bird uses a lot where it’s tail is pressed up against something?
perhaps one of her higher perches? i’ll be sure to move it over a few bars!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Such a pretty girl!! I think I see some yellow on her sides, so you have a little turquoise pineapple. What’s her name?

I wouldn’t worry about her tail feathers, young conures are notorious for being clumsy with them. But like others suggested, you can swap up her perches!

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
Such a pretty girl!! I think I see some yellow on her sides, so you have a little turquoise pineapple. What’s her name?

I wouldn’t worry about her tail feathers, young conures are notorious for being clumsy with them. But like others suggested, you can swap up her perches!
i switched them just a bit ago! i change up her cage every 2 weeks- i guess this round wasn’t as much of a hit! HAHA her names wembley, like from the fraggles LMAO, her tail is perfectly straight and fine now! she’s just very clumsy and full of energy!

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly

i switched them just a bit ago! i change up her cage every 2 weeks- i guess this round wasn’t as much of a hit! HAHA her names wembley, like from the fraggles