• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beau will be leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Just wanted to give everyone an update.
I have decided that I don't feel comfortable having small birds after what happened to Harper. Beau will be going to live with my friend that I know from the rescue. She has 5 cockatiels and 3 budgies and doesn't plan on getting any bigger birds. She was going to be taking Harper and Beau, but unfortunately, Kei killed Harper before she could take them.
Beau will be leaving on the 31st.
I think that Kei and Toady will appreciate the extra room as well. I will be able to separate their cages onto different walls so they both have their own space. Toady has been slowly taking over both cages which is why I believe Kei started hanging out on top of H&Bs house to begin with. But since Harper's death, Toady hasn't been nearly as territorial with Kei. I think Kei killing Harper has made Toady respect Kei more. Now they can peacefully sit on the same cage together without Toady chasing Kei off. But I still think they will appreciate being on separate walls.
Anyways, just wanted to tell everyone the news.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the update,Im so sorry this happened. But thats wonderful that Beau will go to a home where he will have budgie friends and no bigger birdies to worry about .

mizbirdy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tina
:hug8: to you Allison. I know this was a hard decision for you, but you're doing what's in your flock's best interest. :hug8:

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I think you have made a very reasonable decision. :hug8: I'm sorry that you had to though. What happened with Harper is one of my greatest fears with my flock. :(

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Thanks for understanding guys. :hug8:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I'm so sorry for everything you've gone through. Hopefully Beau will be happy and comfy with his new flock :) :hug8:

zoomama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I know you will miss Beau, but I hope this decision will be less stressful, and best for all involved.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It is great that he will be going to a home with other Budgies. :hug8:

CosmoKramer

Real Name
Zach
Im sorry about the accident, but you know whats best for your flock and I think its a good decision :hug8:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Allison - I just wondered, previously to having Toady, Kei had always been around the smaller birds, I just was wondering if he changed a bit since Toady came in to the picture?

I once had my White Cap which was either Muffin or Nunya bite my little Lovebird Jasper's beak one time and did some damage to it but it healed... since then I made sure he could not get in their cage.

Sorry you lost Harper.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
No. Harper was constantly trying to fight with Kei. Even before I got toady. She continued being aggressive with Kei and Toady. I believe she started it. Kei had a bite on his toe so I think she bit his toe through the bars and he bit her head in return. Kei is not an agressive bird but due to the size difference I would feel more comfortable if I didn't have small birds.

susand

Jogging around the block
Real Name
susan
ive confused who is today -- and beu? Did you get your x-breeder from wing nuts? Maggie is super

patagonian

Hit the Road
I have to watch my sennie around the patty not as big of a size difference but he goes right after the sennie....It's becoming a challenge here I knwo what you were going through you made a good decision but must of been hard

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
ive confused who is today -- and beu? Did you get your x-breeder from wing nuts? Maggie is super
Toady is my ex breeder Dusky Pionus that I got from Jeanne at Dojea's Nest in Indianna.
Beau is my budgie who was bonded to my late parrotlet who my other Pionus recently killed.

Last edited:

susand

Jogging around the block
Real Name
susan
OOOO what a mess... so was it Kei that killed the Bundgie? Thats so awful Im really sorry that happen sooo sad {hugs sweetie}

also whos being rehomed? What typeof bird?

Last edited:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Kei killed my parrotlet Harper. I'm rehoming my budgie who was bonded to my parrotlet.

susand

Jogging around the block
Real Name
susan
ok, sorry to make ya have to break that down like that. I hope this helps the home to be more calm - are pionus known to be aggressive or maybe it was more jealousy issues through siblings? heck idk - I wish yo the best, I know you deeply care for your birds, ive seen some of yout u tubes

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
No she bit his toe through the bars of her cage and he reacted by biting her head. I don't believe it was aggression on Kei's part. He just reacted to being bit.

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
I'm so sorry to hear this Allison. I know how much you love all your fids. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.