• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BARTOK THE BRAVE!!!

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
We have had Bartok for 11 days. He was afraid of hands, so we started letting him out to explore his room safely - these pics are from day 3!!!! He also started going back into his cage when we said "go home" on day 2 I am SMITTEN. When he got onto my shoulder I was nursing a toddler and - I don't always prefer to be THAT close to my children but Bartok was completely unphased lol. His preening was so gentle!!! Pardon my hair, we had a waterfight/birthday party today.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
yippee!!! Such progress!!!

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Bartok is super cute, sounds like you are making progress!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Bartoks feathers are very beautiful!!! :swoon: Nice to hear you are making such progress :)

Pardon my hair
You will find that around here we don´t apologise for messy hair, holes in shirts and poop in pics ;) :lol:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Super cute budgie! And I'm alway shocked by what straight/wavy haired people consider 'messy' hair. LOL. It looks fine.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
You have been busy. I am so glad he is settling in and looking so comfortable.
Well done to you and please keep us updated on his progress with lots of pics!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So cute :)

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Bartok used his "bath" for the first time tonight! I have been faithfully cleaning and refilling it everyday but he's never been interested. We are in a BIT of a heatwave, and I guess he just got tired of it so he hopped right in! Got so wet his green turned brown! (He's also going through his first molt so, hes moody) *is Bartok even a he? I have NO idea. Lol*

Attachments

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
He was afraid of hands, so we started letting him out to explore his room safely - these pics are from day 3!!!! He also started going back into his cage when we said "go home" on day 2 I am SMITTEN.
Oh wow! I am always envious when I see budgies make themselves at home on their people - Lucy bird used to do that - I miss her! (RIP 2002)
As I just stated in a previous post, Fergus and Fiona only fly out and back to their cage, and explore the outside of their cage when the mood hits them.
Who would have figured this little Bartok would have turned into the velcro budgie!
I love his name - so cute! He's a little doll. I can well imagine you are in love.

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Bartok used his "bath" for the first time tonight! I have been faithfully cleaning and refilling it everyday but he's never been interested. We are in a BIT of a heatwave, and I guess he just got tired of it so he hopped right in! Got so wet his green turned brown! (He's also going through his first molt so, hes moody) *is Bartok even a he? I have NO idea. Lol*
Look at that little happy face. He seems so satisfied lol.

I actually think Bartok might be a girl. Give us an up-close pic close to a window so we can see its color under natural light. Dont use the flash.

Last edited:

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Look at that little happy face. He seems so satisfied lol.

I actually think Bartok might be a girl. Give us an up-close pic close to a window so we can see its color under natural light. Dont use the flash.
How are these? They got all fuzzy and lovey for the camera when I told them to say cheese! Bartok is a few days shy of 11 weeks old I think (or closer to 12). I thought female at first based on sass alone, but another forum said male. At this point, I am not sure it matters (it doesn't to us) but maybe Bartok wants to be treated like the lady they... might be? Lol

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I lean towards Lady Bartok because of the white ring around nostrils..but I'm definitely no expert in mutation nare color sexes.

Such a gorgeous birdie tho! Loving their new perch!

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
I lean towards Lady Bartok because of the white ring around nostrils..but I'm definitely no expert in mutation nare color sexes.

Such a gorgeous birdie tho! Loving their new perch!
Well! We will know for sure in a few months, but I think Lady Bartok sounds very suitable for now!! Lol oh man, I was sick today and home alone which never happens so I fell down a bit of a rabbit hole of bird room/toy suppli and a new cage...Bartok will be very impressed. I just dont know how to prepare the rest of my family for the package deliveries

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Such fun to follow Bartok's/Lady Bartok's progress and adventures!
I remember the thrill the first time one of my budgies lit on my hand to eat millet.
Please keep the pics coming!
It's such a funny thing isn't it? I was trying to explain to my husband that the relationship between birds and people isn't the same as the relationship between say...people and dogs. Bird bonds are more intellectual, you have to work for - and earn their trust (and work not to break it) so when they finally "choose you" it feels so special. He thought I was a lunatic until Lady Bartok chose him for the first time and now he is equally smitten. When I told him I ordered a new cage he was like WELL NOW BARTOK NEEDS A FRIEND!!! lol